Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in
how does that draft date work for people? 

That's the usual day (night before Labor Day), correct?

I think we've either usually done it then or on Labor Day itself.  Either should work for me.

OK.  The draft is set for Sunday, September 2 at 8:00 p.m. CT.  All ticklers must be set by Saturday, September 1.  Keepers must be set on Yahoo.  You can choose your keepers by going to the league page on Yahoo, then go to the "My Team" menu and select "Choose Keepers."

2017 final rosters are available at:  https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/...72/rosters

2017 draft results are available at:  https://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/...aftresults

Note that we had a lot of draft picks traded.  You can see who has picks in each round at:  https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com...radedpicks

Keeper Rules:

1.  You can keep a maximum of 2 players.

2.  Players are kept 1 round higher than the previous year (e.g., a 2016 4th round pick can be kept as a 2013 3rd round pick).  The exception to this is that both 1st and 2nd round picks are kept as 1st round picks.

3.  Players are kept according to their prior year draft status even if later released and claimed off waivers or acquired as a free agent.

4.  Players that went entirely undrafted the previous year are kept as 7th round picks.

5.  If you don't have a pick available, then the next highest pick is used.  For example, if you want to keep 2 undrafted players, then it will cost a 6th & 7th round pick to keep them. This also means that you can't keep both your prior year's 1st & 2nd round picks unless you have two 1st round picks.

6. A new rule adopted for this year is that if you keep a player higher than is required because you don't have the appropriate draft pick available, then you can use the "correct spot" the following year.  So, let's say you want to keep a player that went undrafted last year, but you don't have either a 7th or 6th round pick.  This year, you would have to use a 5th round pick.  However, next year, you could keep that player in the 6th round instead of the 4th round, because his keeper spot this year *should have* been the 7th round instead of the 5th.  It is the responsibility of the player using a better pick than required to inform the commissioners that this has happened.

2018 Keeper Restrictions

Cannot be kept in 2018 because kept 3 straight years:

Odell Beckham Jr. - PcB

Brandin Cooks - BT

T.Y. Hilton - Koz

Cannot be kept in 2018 because added after end of regular season:

Nelson Algholor - Dave

C.J. Anderson - Clapp

Stephen Anderson - Dave

Giovani Bernard - Slaw

Chicago DEF - Clapp

Mike Davis - Slaw

Jake Elliott - Clapp

Jimmy Garoppolo - Rapp

Marquise Goodwin - Slaw

Robbie Gould - Slaw

DeSean Jackson - Rapp

New England DEF - Dave

David Njoku - Dave

Greg Olsen - Clapp

Pittsburgh DEF - Clapp

Theo Riddick - Rapp

Rod Smith - Rapp

Jonathan Stewart - Rapp

Washington DEF - Slaw

Kerwynn Williams - Rapp

Can be kept for the last time in 2018:

Devonta Freeman - Koz

Todd Gurley - Slaw

David Johnson - Clapp

Can be kept in both 2018 and 2019:

Jay Ajayi - Clapp

Derek Carr - Dave

Tevin Coleman - BT

Stefon Diggs - Fella

Melvin Gordon - Dave

Jordan Howard - Slaw

Julio Jones - Liner

Travis Kelce - Rapp

LeSean McCoy - Liner

DeMarco Murray - Liner

Aaron Rodgers - Dave

Matt Ryan - Liner

Jameis Winston - Fella

Any players not listed above that were on a final 2017 roster are eligible to be kept for the next 3 seasons.

Thanks for all of this Kid. 

If possible, Fella and I would like to make a trade. 

Fella wants Cam Newton from me to use as a keeper.  He's trading me a 10th round pick for a 16th round pick.

So:

Cam Newton and a 16th round pick to Fella

10th round pick to me

If this is at all an issue don't worry about it. 

We've said pre-draft trades of keepers are allowed in the past although it hasn't happened before.  I think I've figured out how to make it work, so if BT is good with it, so am I.

Clapp can you confirm:

1. Fella gets your 16th

2. You get Fella's 10th

3. Fella uses 1 of his 2 keepers to keep Newton using his 8th round pick (you drafted him in the 9th last year)?

Yeah thats correct, thanks.
Jeez, BT could make two deals like this and still have great keepers. His team was insane last year.

Yeah, but those are hard deals to make from the other side because you are kind of giving up 2 draft picks (including the spot used to keep the player) in the hope that a player ends up worthwhile for this coming season.  At least if you make a trade in-season, you are getting both the player and their keeper rights (in most cases).

Sure, but when you look at the deal that Clapp/Fella made and the fact that only three players from last years 10th round ended up on final rosters (Diggs tho), giving up a 10th to keep, say, Adams in the 3rd seems like a fairly easy decision.

If anything, I would think BT might not find the pick high enough to justify another owner keeping a player that would otherwise go higher and thus give that new owner a slight advantage.

I'm assuming that the answer is yes, but after keepers lock, will they be somehow visible to everyone (like posted here, if not visible through Yahoo)?

Before the draft?  I'm not sure.  We wait until the last possible minute (which ends up being like 3 am ET on Sunday) to give people to select keepers.  So, that barely leaves time for us to input the keepers before the draft.  Historically, I have posted a running list of keepers so that we can maintain the list of who can and cannot be kept from one year to the next, but I don't want to promise that will be done between the time that keepers lock and the draft.

I suggest that we might want to reconsider the date the keepers lock in the future. I'm certainly not casting aspersions on you or BT, but that info being available only to commissioners provides a bit of an unfair advantage.