Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Keeper restrictions for this year:

Cannot Be Kept In 2016:

Dez Bryant - PcB

Can Be Kept For The Last Time in 2016:

Le'Veon Bell - Slaw

Antonio Brown - Rapp

Can Be Kept in 2016 & 2017 Only:

Davante Adams - BT

C.J. Anderson - Slaw

Odell Beckham Jr. - PcB

Brandin Cooks - BT

Justin Forsett - Clapp

Jeremy Hill - Fella

T.Y. Hilton - Koz

Julio Jones - Kid

Andrew Luck - Fella

Marshawn Lynch - Kid

Lamar Miller - Rapp

Emmanuel Sanders - Koz

Demaryius Thomas - Fella

Sammy Watkins - Liner

I'm hoping that Clapp keeps Justin Forsett and Kid keeps Marshawn Lynch.

Kid, I thought I've had OBJ for two years now, making this year the last I can keep him? I don't want to tell on myself, but I thought that was the scenario. If not, sweet.

You can keep a player 3 times, so you can have them for 4 years total.

ahh. Alright, just checking. Didn't want to cheat the system.

Are we going to be able to fill this out?

Quote:Are we going to be able to fill this out?

Yes. Just waiting to see what our options are. 
Quote:I'm hoping that Clapp keeps Justin Forsett and Kid keeps Marshawn Lynch.

Kid, I thought I've had OBJ for two years now, making this year the last I can keep him? I don't want to tell on myself, but I thought that was the scenario. If not, sweet.

You're going to be disappointed bud 
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PcB" data-cid="287726" data-time="1471397397">
I'm hoping that Clapp keeps Justin Forsett and Kid keeps Marshawn Lynch.

You're going to be disappointed bud </blockquote>

Reverse psychology, I'm totally taking him in the 2nd now.
I think we need to consider a couple plans to get somone interested in bz's team.

1. What if we agreed as a league to "reinstate" Keenan Allen to bz's team (call it a return from a suspension if you like). That would provide that owner with at least one quality keeper at an enviable position (4th round). 

2. If that fails, we could offer up the 10th team for free this year, with the understanding that the owner couldn't win anything if they end up in the championship. If somehow that owner did end up in the final game he money (slightly reduced, of course) would shift down to third place.

Neither of these may be great precedent to set, but desperate times and all that.

Quote:I think we need to consider a couple plans to get somone interested in bz's team.

1. What if we agreed as a league to "reinstate" Keenan Allen to bz's team (call it a return from a suspension if you like). That would provide that owner with at least one quality keeper at an enviable position (4th round). 

2. If that fails, we could offer up the 10th team for free this year, with the understanding that the owner couldn't win anything if they end up in the championship. If somehow that owner did end up in the final game he money (slightly reduced, of course) would shift down to third place.

Neither of these may be great precedent to set, but desperate times and all that.

I'd be fine with waiving the fee, and if they win, taking 25 dollars out of their winnings. I'd think that would be a bigger incentive for them to join. 
If we're allowed to make preseason trades, I have players available that may be of interest... just looking for a better draft pick round as we'd have to swap picks. Better than getting nothing for players I won't keep. 

I will keep a couple of these guys though. Figured maybe a trade offer or two could sway me, but here are my main keeper options: 

QB

Russell Wilson (2nd round value)

Tyrod Taylor (7th round value)

Ryan Tannehill (7th round value)

Marcus Mariota (14th round value)

RB

Carlos Hyde (3rd round value)

Jeremy Langford (7th round value)

David Johnson (15th round value)- Can't see a scenario where I'm not keeping him at that value but figured I'd list anyway. 

WR

Amari Cooper (4th round value)

Stefon Diggs (7th round value)
Quote:David Johnson (15th round value)- Can't see a scenario where I'm not keeping him at that value but figured I'd list anyway. 

You're welcome.
I have changed the settings described above to have fractional points and playoff tiebreakers decided by seed.

The one setting where there was not unanimous consent was as to 1/2 PPR and only a few people have opined. I have confirmed that 1/2 PPR is possible.  So let's take a vote.  If you care, speak up by the end of the weekend.

Here's what I have so far:

Yes to 1/2 PPR:

PcB

Slaw

Fella

No to 1/2 PPR:

Kid

Frankly, I'm indifferent. I'm good with whatever the majority wants
I'm pretty indifferent... but I'd probably say Yes.

But, again, fine with whatever. Standard, PPR, in between to keep everyone happy, whatever.