Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Frankly, I'm indifferent. I'm good with whatever the majority wants

Same
I asked Rapp and he pretty much took the same position, so we have essentially 3 abstentions from voting.  Clapp has voted yes, so there is already a majority of those voting in favor, so I'll go ahead and make it 0.5 PPR.

FYI it looks like somehow 0.5 per rushing attempt got added on to the scoring as well.
Fixed.  Thanks.

I've made the deadline to set keepers as late as possible:  11:59 PM PT on Sunday (1:59 AM CT Monday).  

Set your keepers at this link:  http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/.../2/keepers

Keeper Rules:

1. Players can be kept a maximum of 3 years in a row.  That is the case even if a player is traded or released during those years.

2. Players are kept 1 round higher than the prior year.  For example, if you draft somebody in the 5th round in year 1, you can keep them in the 4th round in year 2, the 3rd round in year 3, etc.

3. The only exception to 1 round higher is that 1st round picks can be kept in the 1st round.

4. Players acquired after being released are kept in whatever round they would have been kept if not released (i.e., base it on where they were drafted initially).

5. Undrafted players are kept in the 7th round in year 2 (6th round in year 3, etc.).

6. If you don't have the appropriate pick, then you use your next highest pick.  For example, if you draft somebody in the 5th round in year 1, want to keep them in year 2, but don't have a 4th round pick, then you have to use your 3rd round pick to keep them.

7. If you can't make that work, then you can't keep the player.  For example, unless you have 2 first round picks via trade, you can't keep both your 1st and 2nd round picks because those both require 1st round picks to keep, and you don't get to use a lower pick to keep a player.

2016 keeper restrictions:

Cannot Be Kept In 2016:

Dez Bryant - PcB

Can Be Kept For The Last Time in 2016:

Le'Veon Bell - Slaw

Antonio Brown - Rapp

Can Be Kept in 2016 & 2017 Only:

Davante Adams - BT

C.J. Anderson - Slaw

Odell Beckham Jr. - PcB

Brandin Cooks - BT

Justin Forsett - Clapp

Jeremy Hill - Fella

T.Y. Hilton - Koz

Julio Jones - Kid

Andrew Luck - Fella

Marshawn Lynch - Kid

Lamar Miller - Rapp

Emmanuel Sanders - Koz

Demaryius Thomas - Fella

Sammy Watkins - Liner

I'm inclined to use leaguesafe again. it's not perfect, but if everyone uses it, it makes payouts much easier. Does anyone have a problem with that, or another idea? I'm just trying to make things easier on kid when he inevitably wins again this year. 

The only thing I'd check out would be the ability to convert our league to a cash league with Yahoo.  I know nothing about this aspect of it (including whether we can allow for the fact that Wi's fee is comped this year).

Kid, I think that keepers link is for your team only. Mine are set, but when I clicked the link, it said that I wasn't the owner of the team.

Damn it.  Well, just go under the "My Team" menu and select "Choose Keepers."

Leaguesafe is fine... I prefer just doing paypal but I know it's easier to make sure everyone pays through leaguesafe, so that works. 

Does everyone's keepers become public knowledge after the keeper deadline?

I'm not sure if there's a way for everybody to see them on Yahoo between the keeper deadline and the draft (but that's only a span of like 18 hours).

And you don't HAVE to keep anyone, right? (I mean, in most cases, you'd certainly want to). Just sayin' . . .

Correct.  You can keep 0, 1, or 2 players (subject to other keeper rules).

Kid, what round would I keep J. Gordon in if I were to keep him? It says he wasn't drafted by me, but I'm not sure if he was drafted at all ( I don't think he was) 7th round right?