Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rapp's in.

do we have a waiting list to take over for cigar? 

I don't think so.

Also, thoughts on draft date?  Season starts on Thursday, September 8.  What about doing the draft on Labor Day night (Monday, September 5)?

I'm cool with the Draft on Labor Day
Right now I set it to 8:30 PM CST on Sept 5, Labor day evening. We can change it, but the closer we get to the start of the season, the fewer options we will have. 

As best I can tell, we know Cigar is out, and are awaiting confirmation from Bz and Liner if they are still in.  PcB is checking with Bz.  I'll ask Liner to check in by e-mailing him through the Yahoo system.

In the meantime, if somebody else wants in this league, we know we will have at least 1 opening, so speak up.

Bz is out
Well, shit, that's two spots. 

liner is in. 

OK, 2 spots need to be filled.

Quote:2 rule changes I think we should make for next year:

1. To try and avoid ties, I think we should use fractional points (e.g., each yard for a RB/WR is worth 0.1 rather than needing 10 yards to get a full point).

2. The primary playoff tiebreaker should be playoff seed.  The 2 options are seed and head-to-head record.  Yahoo's default and the one we use is head-to-head record (seed is the second tiebreaker).  In the unlikely event of a tie in the playoffs, I think the winner should be the team with the better overall regular season, not based on the outcome of one or two regular season games.

Thoughts?

There was never any disagreement with this post.  Does anybody not want to implement these rule changes?  If so, speak up in the next few days or they will be implemented over the weekend.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="268295" data-time="1451313691">
<div>
2 rule changes I think we should make for next year:

1. To try and avoid ties, I think we should use fractional points (e.g., each yard for a RB/WR is worth 0.1 rather than needing 10 yards to get a full point).

2. The primary playoff tiebreaker should be playoff seed.  The 2 options are seed and head-to-head record.  Yahoo's default and the one we use is head-to-head record (seed is the second tiebreaker).  In the unlikely event of a tie in the playoffs, I think the winner should be the team with the better overall regular season, not based on the outcome of one or two regular season games.

Thoughts?

There was never any disagreement with this post.  Does anybody not want to implement these rule changes?  If so, speak up in the next few days or they will be implemented over the weekend.

</div>
</blockquote>

Love #1. Couldn't #2 be bench points? That adds a little more gamesmanship in the fact that there is (albeit very slight and very unlikely) value in having better players on your team.
I'm pretty sure Yahoo's only options (at least last year) were seed and head-to-head, but I'll double-check.  Are you OK with seed if those are still the only options?

I've wanted #1 for years, so I'm in.

I'd also be in favor of making this a PPR, even 1/2 PPR, but that's just me.
Quote:I'm pretty sure Yahoo's only options (at least last year) were seed and head-to-head, but I'll double-check.  Are you OK with seed if those are still the only options?

If those are the only two options, then, yes, your suggestion makes boku sense.