Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm very much listening to trade offers but am not gonna just give anyone away. I'll need premium draft picks to deal away most of the guys. 

My team is really good, believe it or not, despite they're 1-6. I'm 3rd in the league in points. My other league I'm dead-last in points and 6-1. It makes no sense. 

So, I'm just fine with playing spoiler if my team can't string together 6 straight wins and sneak into the playoffs. 

I've listed 5 guys on the trade block but more are available. David Johnson is the only one off limits unless you want to totally blow me away and go all-in for this season. Johnson was a 14th round pick in his first keeper year, so he has 13th round value next year and 2 more years remaining. Consider all that and I'm assuming there isn't going to be a realistic deal involving him. 

Jay Ajayi, Devontae Booker, Amari Cooper... these are all guys that would currently be under keeper consideration for me so I would need pretty strong offers for them too. Cam Newton, Demaryius Thomas, Frank Gore, Jimmy Graham are all guys I won't keep that may be appealing options though. 

Trade sent to you, Clapp

So, I was looking at the league settings and I think if I do nothing else the teams that are in the consolation bracket could still make roster changes, which goes against the rule change that we made earlier this season that teams eliminated from playoff contention could not make roster changes once they are eliminated.  Basically, because most leagues use the consolation bracket to set final standings, even with the setting to lock eliminated teams, they let teams in the consolation bracket make roster changes. However, our consolation games are meaningless because they don't decide anything.  Draft order for everyone other than the teams that make the championship game is decided by regular season record only.

On the other hand, there is a setting that allows for the commissioner to lock specific teams' ability to make roster changes.  In order to make sure that players are available for playoff roster teams as per the earlier rule change, I plan to lock the non-playoff teams' rosters after tonight's game and then do the same each week as teams are eliminated from the playoffs.

Speak up today if that's an issue.  I don't know why it would be as this is just locking the rosters for eliminated teams.

I can't see why that would be an issue. 

2017 first round draft order:

1. Wi

2. Clapp

3. BT

4. Koz

5-10. TBD

Non-playoff teams' rosters are locked.

As a reminder for the playoff teams: any players added to a roster from this point forward are ineligible to be kept next season.

I'm not sure Koz understands the keeper rule. I just noticed that he picked up CJ Anderson, Jamaal Charles and Eddie Lacy on Dec. 1. Someone should explain the rules to him.

I'll send him an e-mail.

So I'm thinking with the pot being 225 instead of 250 this year, payout should be:

Winner: 160

Runner up: 65

Does anyone have an issue with that? 

Quote:So I'm thinking with the pot being 225 instead of 250 this year, payout should be:

BT...I never sent you my money. I got busy and distracted...never meant to deadbeat.

Let me know how to get it to you...sorry.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BT" data-cid="305400" data-time="1481653104">
<div>
So I'm thinking with the pot being 225 instead of 250 this year, payout should be:

BT...I never sent you my money. I got busy and distracted...never meant to deadbeat.

</div>
</blockquote>

Just hold it, and you can pay one of the winners. 
Works for me
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rappster" data-cid="305407" data-time="1481675714">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BT" data-cid="305400" data-time="1481653104">

</blockquote>

Just hold it, and you can pay one of the winners.
</blockquote>

Right on. Sorry...
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BT" data-cid="305412" data-time="1481685169">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rappster" data-cid="305407" data-time="1481675714">

Let me know how to get it to you...sorry.</blockquote>

Just hold it, and you can pay one of the winners.</blockquote>

Right on. Sorry...

</blockquote>
asshole. 
Congrats Rapp