Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Julio Jones in no longer available. Inquiries will not be entertained.
Now that's one shrewd move, Clapp, making Wentz your first grab from the waiver wire when he's your third QB but I need one when Brees is on a bye.

Of course, Newton, your starter, may be banged up . . .

Pretty deep at WR, looking for a RB, if anyone wants to trade.

Quote:Pretty deep at WR, looking for a RB, if anyone wants to trade.
I'm on it
Trade offered
Counter

Can the commish push this trade through before tonight game please? I'm assuming WiCubsFan probably wants Gordon in his lineup tonight.

The trade isn't supposed to take effect until next week because it only gets processed on Friday and involves players who play tonight.  However, so long as Wi says he wants the trade processed for this week, I have no problem approving it, but I think you would both need to agree that you want it to go through before tonight's game.

I would like it to.

WI what say you?

So this will take effect after the week because Wi didn't respond.

Quote:So this will take effect after the week because Wi didn't respond.

That's great. The reason I made the trade is for this week's matchups. That's wonderful.

That rule needs to be talked about.
I mean, if you've got a proposal for how to deal with it, go ahead.  I would just point out that there would have been a notice both before and after you made the trade when it would take effect and you asked for it to be rushed pretty late.  I don't think there was anything else to be done under the circumstances since you were the only one who asked to have the trade take effect earlier than the rules allow.

Quote:I mean, if you've got a proposal for how to deal with it, go ahead.  I would just point out that there would have been a notice both before and after you made the trade when it would take effect and you asked for it to be rushed pretty late.  I don't think there was anything else to be done under the circumstances since you were the only one who asked to have the trade take effect earlier than the rules allow.

My proposal is if a trade is completed before any games have been played that week the trade goes through for that week's games.

I imagine our commissioner gets an email every time a trade is completed. Allow the trade as soon as you get the e-mail or as soon as possible and everyone's happy.

I'm just pissed because now I don't have a player this week in a favorable matchup who should be on my roster. The trade was completed before any games were played.
I think everybody gets an e-mail when a trade is made and the point is to give everyone some opportunity to object.  I'm not sure what a trade would look like that actually draws an objection, but that's the idea.  

If Wi had said he'd agreed, I'd have OK'd the trade because there more than 24 hours had passed.  But I don't think I'd have approved it if, for example, you just made the trade at the time you asked for it to be approved.

Quote:I think everybody gets an e-mail when a trade is made and the point is to give everyone some opportunity to object.  I'm not sure what a trade would look like that actually draws an objection, but that's the idea.  

If Wi had said he'd agreed, I'd have OK'd the trade because there more than 24 hours had passed.  But I don't think I'd have approved it if, for example, you just made the trade at the time you asked for it to be approved.

But in this case, I believe this trade was completed Tuesday. That's ample time for review and completion. Having to wait until next week to complete it is ludacris.