Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2018 first round draft order:

1. PcB (via Liner)

2. Koz

3. Fella

4. Kid

5-10. TBD

There never was any objection to the proposal that if a keeper is kept using a higher than required pick (e.g., using a 6th round pick if a 7th round pick is unavailable), the keeper status the following year would revert to where it "should have been."  Using that example, the player could be kept in the 6th round in consecutive years - the first year using a 6 because no 7 was available, the next year using a 6 because a 7 "should have" been used the prior year.  

If there are any objections, speak up.  Otherwise, this will be implemented next season.

Oof. Clapp got waiver privilege (and thus the New Orleans D) over me, despite our rankings. That's an unfortunate fuck-up, Yahoo.
Legit question I don't know the answer to:  does waiver priority reset each week during the playoffs like it does during the regular season?  I'm wondering if the fact that you made a waiver wire pickup during the first week of the playoffs and Clapp didn't gave him higher priority.

And, in fact, my intuition was correct.  This is from Yahoo's fantasy help site:

• After each Game Week in the regular season, the waiver priority list is reset:
  • The new rank is determined by the reverse order of the current league standings (the manager with the lowest league standing gets 1st rank).
  • When playoffs begin, the waiver priority list stops resetting.
Well, that's interesting. Why a separate method for the playoffs, I wonder?
I think the idea is to encourage strategic waiver additions.  Also, once teams make the playoffs, there's no particular reason to give one team priority over the other.

Like a bye?
Well, a couple things:

A. You get overall waiver priority once in the playoffs based on record.  This week, there's no reason for any team to have priority over another.

B. Yahoo's system isn't set up based upon the number of teams in the playoffs.  Some leagues don't have byes.

By the way, this isn't something that we have any control over.  You can choose waiver system from among 3 choices: (1) 1 waiver priority list for the entire season (i.e., the only way the order changes is when teams make waiver claims and they move to the bottom of the list; standings have no impact); (2) weekly reverse standings with no impact for successful claims that week (i.e., the last place team can make as many waiver pickups as it wants before anybody else gets a chance); or (3) weekly reverse standings where a successful claim moves you to the bottom of the list for that week (the one we use).  You take everything that comes with Yahoo's rules for whatever system you pick.

Oh, I know; if I have an issue, it's with Yahoo. But the reality is that the waiver system (which before this league was new to me) gains or loses appeal depending on your record. I've been grouchy about those weeks when I led the league and happy for it a lot this year. It's really just a matter of point of view.

That said, it still doesn't make any sense to me that it has to change for the playoffs. It's fine that it does. I just wish I had realized it before I put in my waiver claims last week.

One last thing, because I'm that way: I would argue to your point above that since records determine the ran there is rationale for following the old waiver-wire procedure.kings,
Quote:One last thing, because I'm that way: I would argue to your point above that since records determine the ran there is rationale for following the old waiver-wire procedure.kings,

I'm not sure I follow.
Nice work, iPhone.

Quote: 

One last thing, because I'm that way: I would argue to your point A
above that since records determine the rankings,
there is rationale for following the old waiver-wire procedure.kings,
I mean, there's a rationale for either way.  But I would probably side the other way.  During the regular season, the idea is to try to create some parity.  I think that goes out the window once you're in the playoffs.

If we're choosing sides, I'd probably side against waiver pairty altogether (Yahoo option 1).