Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, got it and paid. Thanks!

they extended the deadline until Monday. Pay before then.

In other news, only 5 of my guys are Out or questionable. this late in the season that's understandable.
It's been a long time since I've blamed you bastards for anything...despite the fact that you've always been out to get me on account o' the beauty of my soul.

That said...my team has been profoundly hampered by nearsightedness and mismanagement since Day One. Because any one of you could have seen this coming...on account o' my propensity for nearsightedness and mismanagement...I believe that bringing me into this fachocta league is one of the more overwhelmingly obvious displays of negligence and cocksuckerliness I've ever encountered.

You're also clearly a bunch of rabid anti-Semites who just want to see a Jew fail at something...on account o' we're all so much better and smarter and more fucking awesome than you bunch o' philistine fucks.

Well...no matter what happens, I'm clearly going to maintain my dignity...even in the face of dealing with you colluding bunch of fuckfaceshitbagfuckbagfuckers who hate me on account o' my being better and Jewisher than you bunch of anti-Semitic anti-Semite fucks.
I'm looking for a RB2 if anybody could hook me up with that. If you're interested PM me.
Is that trade legit?

Quote:Is that trade legit?
yep
I'm so sorry.

Quote:I'm so sorry.
It's a good thing you didn't make that trade then. I'll worry about my own team. Thanks.
What a diplomatic way to squash trash talk.  Sad

But it's really not a good thing for me that I didn't make that trade in the long run when Kid's team improves tremendously as a result of your trade. I mean, it IS my team that I'm worried about. IF I knew you'd be willing to throw Calvin Johnson in . . .

Kid and I had talked about a few trades for a few days. He had something I was looking for and we were able to get together on a deal. Should I have offered him up elsewhere? Probably. But I'm comfortable with the deal.
So I scored the most points in the league and don't even get a first round bye because BT didn't sub for an injured player.  So that's cool.

Tell me, how does the fact that Clapp has scored only the fifth-most points in the league yet gets a bye feel?

So, I'm going to beat Rapp by the skin of my teeth - officially 1 point, with the backup that I'd have won the game on a tiebreaker if we had finished tied (which we would have except for Rodgers' kneel to end the game) because I won our regular season matchup.

So the fact that BT didn't play a full team last week turns out to be no harm, no foul this year, because Clapp should have played Rapp in the 3-6 game to play me as the 2 seed.  Clapp would have easily won and then it would be me vs. him in the 2-3 game, and that's how it turns out anyways.

However, I believe we absolutely must deal with the issue of teams who are out of it not fielding complete teams going forward.  I think there should be the possibility of losing or having to swap draft picks if that happens going forward.  I think it probably has to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.  But, I'll be honest and say that my position, had Rapp beaten me, was going to be that, at minimum, BT should have had to trade his first round pick with me next year.

I'm not going to push for any kind of sanction for what happened to me since we didn't have a rule and it didn't hurt me in the long run, but I think we need to figure it out going forward, and I'm not sure that the possibility of having some kind of sanction imposed should be limited to situations where a player gets lucky and doesn't get hurt by it.

I think this needs a lengthy discussion because we need a rule on this.

You know, I don't think that White was declared out until just before the game. BT could have been busy and didn't have the chance to make the switch. While it sucks that Clapp likely would not have won had BT made the switch, I don't see how someone can be punished for not filling the hole in the lineup without proof of collusion.
Let me start by saying I don't think BT did it with malicious intent.  In fact, I'm as certain as I can possibly be without having definite proof, because I know BT and I know he wouldn't do that.

However, White was declared out 2 hours before that game started without practicing at all that week, and BT had another WR on his bench who played in the late games, so there was plenty of time and opportunity to make a change.

I think that, especially in the last weeks of the season, there has to be some responsibility for roster management when you're playing in a game that has playoff implications.  There are apps to manage rosters so you don't need to be at a computer.  I've been there, and when you're out of contention, the easy thing to do is just not pay attention, but that's how people get screwed.