Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my CBS league, the waivers run on (early--like 1 AM CST) Thursday morning, and players are FAs until their games start, whether that be Thursday, Sunday, or Monday. That seems the fairest way to do things. I'd be gobsmacked in Yahoo didn't have similar settings available.

And, again, I'm not raising a stink or crying foul, and I'm not pining for Starks (although I think he's a better player than over-hyped Lacy anyway). I just wanted to learn what the rules are.

Yes, you are correct.  There is an option for "Game Time - Tuesday" which operates as Slaw described.  A player goes on waivers at the time of his game.  I'll amend my proposal to say we should go with that rather than "First Game of the Week - Tuesday."

So the only difference is that you can't pick up players who have or are playing on Thursday, correct? That's fine with me.

Here's the description:  "Game Time means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time."

I read that as if a guy plays on Thursday, once the game starts, he's on waivers until overnight Tuesday - Wednesday.  On the flip side, I guess a guy could still be picked up until the start of the Monday night game if he doesn't play until then.

That sounds right to me. I doubt we will get a consensus, as I don't know who is reading this, but I can make the change if we think it's necessary. Maybe I should make it next week though?

I think we should make the change by a little before game time tomorrow if nobody has objected by then.  At that point, this topic will have been in here for 3 days.  If somebody wants to object afterwards, and there's a consensus, we could always change it back.  Though, I really doubt anyone is going to object to this change.

That's they way I've been used to. Like Kid said; it opens up the opportunity for someone who has an injured player on Monday night.

Having seen no objections (and before anyone got a chance to grab anybody who played last night), I went ahead and made the change to Game Time - Tuesday.  If there are any objections, speak up.

I hate the Ravens. Also I really shouldn't have started Forsett.
So, uh...anyone wanna trade running backs?

Quote:So, uh...anyone wanna trade running backs?
Sure
Just paid... tomorrow (9/17) is the deadline and I believe Leaguesafe charges like $10 more if it's late. Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't paid yet.

Quote:Just paid... tomorrow (9/17) is the deadline and I believe Leaguesafe charges like $10 more if it's late. Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't paid yet.

THIS!
For the life of me, I can't find any invite to League Safe in my mail. Either it went to spam and was auto-deleted or I didn't get one. Can you can send me another invite, BT? michaelpcastillo@aim.com is the email.
I resent them a second ago to those that didn't pay. Let me know if you didn't get them.