Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend Dave has taken the last spot.

You can get a pretty good idea of your roster by going to "Draft", "Last Season". 

What did we say guys picked up cost in the draft the next year? 

Players are kept 1 round higher than the previous year (e.g., a 2016 4th round pick can be kept as a 2013 3rd round pick).  The exception to this is that both 1st and 2nd round picks are kept as 1st round picks.  Players are kept according to their prior year draft status even if later released and claimed off waivers or acquired as a free agent.

Players that went entirely undrafted the previous year are kept as 7th round picks.

If you don't have a pick available, then the next highest pick is used.  For example, if you want to keep 2 undrafted players, then it will cost a 6th & 7th round pick to keep them.  

This also means that you can't keep both your prior year's 1st & 2nd round picks unless you have two 1st round picks (and nobody does).

Draft Order

1. Dave

2. Clapp

3. BT

4. Koz

5. Kid

6. Liner

7. Fella

8. PcB

9. Slaw

10. Rapp

Keeper Restrictions:

Cannot be kept in 2017 because kept the last 3 years:

Le'Veon Bell - Slaw

Antonio Brown - Rapp

Cannot be kept in 2017 because added to roster after end of 2016 regular season:

Atlanta DEF - Liner

Cameron Brate - Slaw

Randall Cobb - Fella

Detroit DEF - Kid

Kenneth Farrow - Liner

Taylor Gabriel - Kid

Ladarius Green - Kid

Derrick Henry - PcB

Dustin Hopkins - Slaw

Dontrelle Inman - Liner

Kansas City DEF - Slaw

Ty Montgomery - Slaw

Adrian Peterson - PcB

San Diego DEF - PcB

Jonathan Stewart - Kid

Can be kept for the last time in 2017:

Odell Beckham Jr. - PcB

Brandin Cooks - BT

T.Y. Hilton - Koz

Sammy Watkins - Liner

Can be kept in both 2017 & 2018:

Amari Cooper - Clapp

Zach Ertz - Dave

Devonta Freeman - Koz

Todd Gurley - Slaw

David Johnson - Clapp

Eli Manning - Fella

Brandon Marshall - BT

Donte Moncrief - Fella

Allen Robinson - Rapp

Any players on a final 2016 roster but not listed above could be kept for the next 3 years (2017-2019)

Quote:Keeper Restrictions:

Cannot be kept in 2017 because kept the last 3 years:

Le'Veon Bell - Slaw

Antonio Brown - Rapp

Your first two picks of the draft, gentlemen.
Does Bell end his holdout?

Trying to plant the seeds of doubt to get him to fall to five?

I think I'm pretty screwed no matter what.  I have a really bad team of keeper options.  I've got like 5 players who would cost a 1st round pick, so I can only keep 1, and even then, using a keeper on a 1st rounder doesn't exactly make my socks roll up and down.

We bring it up every year and it's probably a pain in the ass, but if trades are allowed, I won't be keeping Mariota (8th round value), Amari Cooper (3rd round value), and Cameron Meredith (FA; 7th round value). 

Trades are allowed. I have 2 guys I'm ok with saving, but if anyone else has extras they might want to deal, post them like Clapp

I'm open to trading anybody on my team so hit me up, including:

Dez Bryant

A.J. Green

LeSean McCoy
Quote:I'm open to trading anybody on my team so hit me up, including:

Dez Bryant

A.J. Green

LeSean McCoy

I can't trade for a 1st round keeper, as I have the 3rd pick, so I can get any of those guys in the draft, and still keep my picks/players. 
Welcome to my world.

Keepers need to be set on Yahoo by going to My Team - Choose Keepers and must be set by 11:59 p.m. PT this Friday, September 1.

Also, please pay into the leaguesafe site. There is a hard deadline that I can't change.