Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2014 SOI Keeper Fantasy Football League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I am the last person on earth to literally tell somebody to get off their ass, but you know what I meant.

And of course you have the right to gripe.  I'm just objecting to the idea, which seems to be implied, that I pulled a fast one or something.  You can denigrate what I gave away all you want, but I kept Forsett this season and he would have been a strong candidate to be a keeper for me again next year.  He's tied for 12th in the league in fantasy points among RBs and he's a 6th round keeper next year.

The bottom line is that Clapp and I agreed on the trade after legitimate, good-faith negotiations.  It's not like this trade was the exception where Clapp didn't then try to get more from somebody else.  I've never seen a trade in this league be done that way and I've been on both sides of these trades.

Quote:OK, I am the last person on earth to literally tell somebody to get off their ass, but you know what I meant.

And of course you have the right to gripe.  I'm just objecting to the idea, which seems to be implied, that I pulled a fast one or something.  You can denigrate what I gave away all you want, but I kept Forsett this season and he would have been a strong candidate to be a keeper for me again next year.  He's tied for 12th in the league in fantasy points among RBs and he's a 6th round keeper next year.

The bottom line is that Clapp and I agreed on the trade after legitimate, good-faith negotiations.  It's not like this trade was the exception where Clapp didn't then try to get more from somebody else.  I've never seen a trade in this league be done that way and I've been on both sides of these trades.

Naw. The implication is simply that Clapp could've have gotten more, and of course I wish that more came from me. I agreed with PcB that you should be happy with what went down. I just said in my last post that I'm not claiming that anything shady happened (although I added it later, so you may not have seen it). I'm not knocking Clapp either, per se. In part I'm cheesed at my situation because I'm working on limited time to devote to fantasy stuff this year (waah waah waah), so I'm simply not going to be involved in many trades. It sucks to see that go down is all. Ya know, not everything is about you, monkeytits. Everything is about me.

Regarding Forsett, I'd retort by reminding you of his age or that he still hasn't had his bye week and by average points per game he's in fact the 20th 24th RB, but I think you know these things already . . .

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="266565" data-time="1446603665">
OK, I am the last person on earth to literally tell somebody to get off their ass, but you know what I meant.

Naw. The implication is simply that Clapp could've have gotten more and of course I wish that more came from me. I agreed with PcB that you should be happy with what went down. I just said in my last post that I'm not claiming that anything shady happened (although I added it later, so you may not have seen it). I'm not knocking Clapp either, per se. In part I'm cheesed at my situation because I'm working on limited time to devote to fantasy stuff this year (waah waah waah), so I'm simply not going to be involved in many trades. It sucks to see that go down is all. Ya know, not everything is about you, monkeytits. Everything is about me.

Regarding Forsett, I'd retort by reminding you of his age or that he still hasn't had his bye week and by average points per game he's in fact the <del>20th</del> 24th RB, but I think you know these things already . . .</blockquote>

Of course he knew that. Which is what made it a smart trade. It also made it look like he gave up something of value for the top WR in the league, which is not what happened.
2016 draft order:

1. PcB

2. Fella

3. Bz

4. Clapp

5-10. TBD

The least deserving #1 seed in league history, I'd be willing to bet. 

You play very good defense.

just hoping i'm good enough to lose in the super bowl. 

I think I missed the playoffs by 6 points. That''s upsetting.

2 rule changes I think we should make for next year:

1. To try and avoid ties, I think we should use fractional points (e.g., each yard for a RB/WR is worth 0.1 rather than needing 10 yards to get a full point).

2. The primary playoff tiebreaker should be playoff seed.  The 2 options are seed and head-to-head record.  Yahoo's default and the one we use is head-to-head record (seed is the second tiebreaker).  In the unlikely event of a tie in the playoffs, I think the winner should be the team with the better overall regular season, not based on the outcome of one or two regular season games.

Thoughts?

Congrats to Kid. Had Chad Johnson only shown up last Monday . . .

Agree with both proposed rule changes.

Thanks.

2016 1st round draft order:

1. PcB

2. Fella

3. Bz

4. Clapp

5. Slaw

6. Cigar

7. Liner

8. BT

9. Rapp

10. Kid

Quote:Congrats to Kid. Had Chad Johnson only shown up last Monday . . .

By the way, I'm not sure if you saw this, but there was a late stat correction for Denard Robinson, bumping his week 15 rushing yards from 28-41.  Because it came in after the Thursday night game, Yahoo did not automatically apply the change.  It doesn't make a difference in our game because it would otherwise just change a 3 point win to a 1 point win.  But that was very close to getting very ugly.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="268301" data-time="1451320587">
Congrats to Kid. Had Chad Johnson only shown up last Monday . . .

By the way, I'm not sure if you saw this, but there was a late stat correction for Denard Robinson, bumping his week 15 rushing yards from 28-41.  Because it came in after the Thursday night game, Yahoo did not automatically apply the change.  It doesn't make a difference in our game because it would otherwise just change a 3 point win to a 1 point win.  But that was very close to getting very ugly.</blockquote>

All the more reason to hate Chad Johnson.
Calvin?