Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
A Bears game...

Streaming? That makes it tougher. VHS 2 or Kill List.
Also Here Comes the Devil.
Do you need to watch VHS1 to know what the hell is going on in part 2 or does it not matter?  I started 1 and didn't like it so I didn't bother finishing.

No.
Cool.  Thanks!

I saw that You're Next is on Netflix now. That's a good one.
Cool, both VHS's and You're Next this weekend.
Kill List and You're Next for me tonight. Got around to VHS 2 and I really enjoyed. I think I like horror movies in clips like those better...they seem to be more intense. And the whole "found footage" style adds some realism to it (but I guess that's the whole point of it).
Yeah, so we just got done watching VHS2....and I think my kids are scarred for life. I watched the Indonesian cult segment with mouth agape the entire time. It was batshit insane.
Seriously wish that segment had been made into a full-length film. The director is that good. It probably would have been the best horror of the year. Glad you dug it.
You think that after almost 45 years of existence, with technology and entertainment the way they are, it would be very difficult to find something that would actually shock you these days. You'd be wrong. 

And it's funny, but I thought the zombie segment was great and I'm pretty much zombie'd out. In any other movie, that would be the centerpiece. Not this one.

Interesting, I guess I should watch it now. I am intrigued. The first one was solid.

The alien invasion segment was most disappointing for me. It could and should have been better. Still enjoyable, but it was missing something to put it over the top.
I thought that was pretty cool too. The first segment was the weakest and even that was pretty decent. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33