Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:I know what I'll be watching this weekend. Thanks, Butch

Let me know what you think.
Yeah, that one has also been on my list but had no idea it was already added to Netflix. Thanks for the heads up.
Quote:Yeah, that one has also been on my list but had no idea it was already added to Netflix. Thanks for the heads up.

Certainly. I think you'll like it...
Not bad at all, kind of messed up. I hardly recognize Ethan Embry from his Can't Hardly Wait years.
Not certain if there's been a discussion of Stephen King's It but here's an assessment of Pennywise as a movie monster. He graded out well against the criteria. Writer appears to love the movie.

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2017/9/...ie-monster
Yes, and looking forward to it even more.

http://www.sonsofivy.com/forum/index.php...getnewpost
IT has been getting surprisingly good reviews. When they didn't release it to critics until this week, that raised a huge red flag...

Quote:The Devil's Candy is quite good. And on Netflix. Definitely worth a viewing.

I finally watched this over the weekend. Thought it was a solid little movie. It didn't frighten me, but it was definitely well acted and suspenseful. Loved the creepy visuals and excellent score as well. There just aren't enough good heavy metal themed horror movies being made these days. Also, if you can find it, the director's first movie, The Loved Ones, is a fun time. Nice to see well-crafted horror coming out of Australia again, though this one was filmed in the States.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="319560" data-time="1502466576">
The Devil's Candy is quite good. And on Netflix. Definitely worth a viewing.

I finally watched this over the weekend. Thought it was a solid little movie. It didn't frighten me, but it was definitely well acted and suspenseful. Loved the creepy visuals and excellent score as well. There just aren't enough good heavy metal themed horror movies being made these days. Also, if you can find it, the director's first movie, The Loved Ones, is a fun time. Nice to see well-crafted horror coming out of Australia again, though this one was filmed in the States.

</blockquote>

Glad you liked it. I'll check out The Loved Ones, as well.
Quote:I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but will probably watch it anyway.

https://youtu.be/eFYwz24ii4w

So...for some reason a buddy of mine decided to do a double feature of The Greasy Strangler and Kuso on Saturday night. Greasy Strangler had several laugh out loud moments and I mostly enjoyed it. Definitely didn't take itself seriously at all (in case you couldn't tell from the trailer). Lots of prosthetic penises are featured.

Kuso was all sorts of fucked up. I'm not even sure what is was that I watched when it was over. It was pretty disgusting.

Spoilers ahead, in case anyone decides to venture into this film:

The last 5 minutes features a man sticking his penis into a talking neck boil he names "Royal." Royal is quite enthusiastic about the whole endeavor. I'm not really sure what the point of the film was other than to do the most disgusting things the filmmakers could imagine. If that was their goal, then mission accomplished...
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="288693" data-time="1472507320">
<div>
I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but will probably watch it anyway.

So...for some reason a buddy of mine decided to do a double feature of The Greasy Strangler and Kuso on Saturday night. Greasy Strangler had several laugh out loud moments and I mostly enjoyed it. Definitely didn't take itself seriously at all (in case you couldn't tell from the trailer). Lots of prosthetic penises are featured.

Kuso was all sorts of fucked up. I'm not even sure what is was that I watched when it was over. It was pretty disgusting.

The last 5 minutes features a man sticking his penis into a talking neck boil he names "Royal." Royal is quite enthusiastic about the whole endeavor. I'm not really sure what the point of the film was other than to do the most disgusting things the filmmakers could imagine. If that was their goal, then mission accomplished...

</div>
</blockquote>

If I'm reading the wikipedia summary of Kuso correctly, George Clinton, the esteemed leader of Parliment, thought it would be a good idea to star in a movie in which a bug named Mr. Quiggle lives in his anus?
Yes. This is correct.

And it's just the tip of the iceberg...

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="322843" data-time="1506353788">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="288693" data-time="1472507320">
I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but will probably watch it anyway.

</blockquote>

If I'm reading the wikipedia summary of Kuso correctly, George Clinton, the esteemed leader of Parliment, thought it would be a good idea to star in a movie in which a bug named Mr. Quiggle lives in his anus?</blockquote>

Sounds like something that the Star Child could be into. One of my favorite shows was George with PFunk playing at Southern University in Baton Rouge, LA in the late 90’s.
Alex Garland's follow up to Ex Machina, Annihilation appears to be fairly trippy movie coupled with a solid cast - Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tessa Thompson, Gina Rodriguez, etc.  

Plot seems to be have bits of Aliens - a group of scientists attempts to make contact with something after 11 other groups have failed and have tragic consequences. 
Appears that the movie will have a strong feminine point of view as the group includes only one man.  

BTW, just a tip if someone who is asked to take a role in the 12th team to take on a project get paid upfront and am guessing you'll want to have a will ready just in case.    

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2017/9/...ie-portman

Love Ex-Machina and Portman, but the trailer for Annihilation did nothing for me. Hope its good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33