Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I think Butch just admitted that he was a bully back in high school.
"He Never Died" is the dumbest named movie I've seen in a while, but it's not a bad movie. Henry Rollins does a pretty good job in it. Going too far into the plot sort of ruins it, but there are echos of John Wick crossed with Constantine if you want to stick to a Keanu Reeves motif. 

10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty good. Just got back from watching it. Probably didn't need to be tied into the Cloverfield universe, but it worked for me. Well done.
Anyone else looking forward to "Green Room"? I thought both of the director's 1st 2 movies, "Blue Ruin" and "Murder Party" showed a lot of promise.

http://youtu.be/XUdmrnplrlA
I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. I thought Blue Ruin was incredible.
Finally got around to watch The Witch. Very well done. In my opinion, it has the same sort of dread feel to it as It Follows and Babadook (which I also loved). All three films were frightening and left you uncomfortable, without the cheap scares.

It was the perfect era to set that movie in, just before the whole Salem witch trials took place.

Just got home from seeing Green Room. Holy hell was that intense. I was literally sitting forward on the edge of my seat at least half of the movie.
Nice. Hoping to go see it tonight.

For those who have Netflix, I thought Hush was a surprising good little horror film.

Done by the same director as Oculus (Mike Flanagan). It wasn't over the top, he kept things simple (maybe 5 actors total) and it worked for me. Nice gem on netflix.
I'll look into that. Smile

Thanks for the heads up
Already on my list. Heard lots of good things.
Got the opportunity to take in 10 Cloverfield Ln, and I was little underwhelmed. I was really looking forward to this film and I was bummed I didn't enjoy it more. However, I always like John Goodman in a supporting role, I think he's great. I didn't hate the movie, but I suppose it's my own doing by putting too much expectations into a film.

Spoiler below....

The ending seemed a little rushed to me, and I think the usefulness of a Molotov cocktail was greatly exaggerated at the end there. Obviously the explosion reacted with something else in the space ship, but still. 

The entire ending didn't work for me, but that's the result of doing re-shoots and trying to tie it in somewhat with the Cloverfield world. Most everything leading up to that point was handled well in my mind. Definitely not a perfect movie by any stretch.
I enjoyed it.

They announced a 4th Insidious. Not sure about you guys, but I love the first three. This series has terrified me more than any other horror movie that I have seen, particularly the first one (the scene when they are sitting around the table when the crackling noise kicks in... Then BAM....dont think I have ever been more scared).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33