Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:This is a pretty effective horror short...

http://vimeo.com/82920243
 That was pretty good, but I think I prefer short whores.
Tried to get some movie time in during this week's spring break and I liked Here Comes the Devil, Frankenstein's Army, and We are what We are. Hctd had a good, creepy setting. At times F's Army seemed like a pov of a haunted house or a fucked up, parallel universe Disney ride, think a horror (on purpose) It's a Smell World, but even those parts were fun. Wawwa built slow but I liked the payoff and the eldest daughter was hot.
Quote:Tried to get some movie time in during this week's spring break and I liked Here Comes the Devil, Frankenstein's Army, and We are what We are. Hctd had a good, creepy setting. At times F's Army seemed like a pov of a haunted house or a fucked up, parallel universe Disney ride, think a horror (on purpose) It's a Smell World, but even those parts were fun. Wawwa built slow but I liked the payoff and the eldest daughter was hot.
Glad you enjoyed them. "Frankenstein's Army" was building up nicely until the weak ending almost killed it for me. I really liked "Here Comes The Devil" and "We Are What We Are", the latter even more than the original actually.
Yeah, for me the best part of Frankenstein's Army was all the non CGI "monsters", even when they seemed kind of cheesy.
It's almost that time of year again, kids. I'm putting a list together of horror movies that I'm looking forward to. Let's start with:

Tusk

Witching and Bitching

The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears

The Babadook

Blood Glacier

The Signal (not the film from a couple of years ago)

Wolfcop

Found

Horns

The Guest

What are you fellows looking forward to this coming Halloween season?
I've only heard of Tusk of all the films you just listed. But I need some good horror...let me know what you hear...

this is rok's time to shine.

Halloween truly is my Christmas.
Quote:Halloween truly is my Christmas.

lol

By the way, I watched The Sacrament last night -- the Ti West movie about the Jonestownesque cult. There were some good/interesting things about it, but I was ultimately a little disappointed in it. Have you seen it, rok?
Haven't seen it yet Butch, and almost added it to my list. Ti West has been a major disappointment. He clearly has talent as a director, technically speaking, but his storytelling abilities are extremely lacking. None of his movie stand out, though I thought Innkeepers was his least bad. I'll probably check this out eventually but I'm not expecting much.
Blood Glacier? I saw that it was streaming on netflix, but it looked like SyFy channel stuff. Do you have some inside info on this one?

Nope, no special insight from me. Just remember reading about it several months ago and it sounded interesting. It could (and most likely will be) a puddle of diarrhea.
Plus the guy who directed it also contributed to ABCs of Death 2 and also made Rammbock (also German) which didn't suck.

I'll also add Dead Snow 2 to the list whenever it actually comes out. I really enjoyed the first one.
I watched Honeymoon the other night. Pretty effective low-budget horror movie. Really creepy vibe throughout. 

The Guest is getting crazy good reviews. I'm seeing it tonight...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33