Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I've watched Penny Dreadful and enjoyed the first season - good ensemble of characters, good caste, dark premise, good production.  The timeframe and place is Victorian London. Regarding the central characters - the storylines include a witch, a young Dr. Frankenstein, Dr Frankenstein's creation, Dorian Grey, a trick shot artist from a Wild West show, an eccentric explorer from old European wealth, etc.  All the characters that you would expect in a bad murder mystery.

Believe the second season is into the third or fourth episodes and so far I haven't enjoyed it as much as the first season - same caste but storylines not as enjoyable - maybe it's just are less clear as to where the journey ends.  The show has provided more of the backstory regarding characters in the second season while I would prefer that they move the story forward. 
My bird made me watch insidious the other night, what a load of utter shite that is!
Quote:My bird made me watch insidious the other night, what a load of utter shite that is!
lol

Crossing that one off my list...
I liked Insidious.
My Mrs likes it, to me it was just very silly and pretty boring with no scary bits. Made me a bit angry in the end how stupid it got Haha.
Finally got around to watch The Babadook. I'm in between Butcher and Rok. It was very good, but something about the ending left me unsatisfied. 

Don't know if I posted this before, but Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, an anthology from the '80s, is pretty scary stuff. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8EkN8WtFTpE

lol

What the fuck?

Quote: lol

What the fuck?

You've got to watch all 6 episodes. Matt Berry is a God. 
Are there really 6 episodes? lol

Yes. Berry dubbed all of his lines...peculiarly.

You have to at least make it to the 18 minute mark. If you've made it past the "knuckle supper" comment and the "buddy" speech, and you are no longer interested, I release you from your duty. 

Watched "What We Do in the Shadows" last night and really enjoyed it. Anyone who was a fan of Flight of the Conchords and Jemaine Clement in general probably will like it. Not scary but an original and very funny mockumentary of vampire life in New Zealand. Not quite sure why this went relatively unnoticed when it came out last year. 4/5 stars
Yes. Really funny movie. The line about the sandwich had me in tears...
Yes, that was pretty great. How has no one made a mockumentary like this before?
I watched Creep last night. Pretty good little movie. Sort of an uncomfortable comedy/horror thing. The more I think about it, the more I really liked it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33