Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:Streaming? That makes it tougher. VHS 2 or Kill List.

If anything else watch Kill List for the main character's wife...she's gorgeous. She needs to find her way to our daily recaps.
What did you think of the movie?
Quote:What did you think of the movie?

Not sure if I fully understood it, but it was good. There's some good amount of foreshadowing, I have a few questions, but I don't want to spoil it for those still wanting to watch it.
Quote:What did you think of the movie?
I really liked it, but parts of it were unintelligible, and the ending just really needed to make more sense for me to love it. I think there are ways to explain it, but I think you have to make them up out of whole cloth.
I don't disagree, but I guess it doesn't bother me when certain movies leave out details and don't wrap up all loose ends. Depends on the quality of the movie, of course.
Watched an interesting one over the week in The Sacrament. It's classified as a horror, but not really scary at all. It's a mockumentary taken of a U.S. based cult located in Guyana, South America. After watching it I read that the film was a fictionalized account of what occurred in Jonestown (named after cult leader Jim Jones) in 1978. Looks like The Sacrament was a pretty accurate account of some of the shit that went down: film crew coming to document the cult, shootings, mass suicide, etc...

Shortly after watching it I also watched Jonestown: The life of Death of People's Temple, which was a real documentary done on the cult consisting of actually footage of the compound and interviews with former cult members. Crazy shit. I didn't realize that's where the term "Drinking the Kool-Aid" originated from...from Jones convincing everyone (900+ people) to drink cyanide laced Kool-Aid. Unbelievable what a charismatic person can do to a bunch of people who think they have nothing going for them in life.

Pretty disturbing, but very interesting 

Thanks for the tip on the Sacrament. Butch also mentioned it earlier as being just ok. Still not sure if I'll watch it as Ti West frustrates me.
Might be better off watching Jonestown: The life of Death of People's Temple. The entire documentary is available on youtube. Plus that was the real thing....not the fiction version that Ti West (which wasn't that bad I thought).

I highly recommend The Jonestown documentary. It's pretty excellent.

Roth picks some must see horror flicks

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/28...lp00000592

Can't disagree with any of those suggestions. Hardware and Nightmare City are underappreciated classics. Ichi is pretty extreme and original, but I wouldn't exactly call it horror. Henry is great, if you can handle that sort of thing. Galaxy of Terror is a fun B movie.
Awesome...I'm always on the lookout for good horror movies on Netflix.

Watching ABCs of Death 2 right now. It is truly demented. And so much better than the original...
Quote:Watching ABCs of Death 2 right now. It is truly demented. And so much better than the original...

I couldn't make it through the original, so maybe I'll give this one a shot.
Me neither. I will give this one a chance as well. Thus far, this fall's horror releases have been very disappointing, but still holding out hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33