Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I went to see Ghost Stories last week. Saw the stage show in London a few years ago too.

The film was decent, few scary bits, good twist at the end. I can't watch Martin Freeman in anything without just thinking Tim from the Office though.

Have you watched "Sherlock"? 

I heard the film is a bit stagey, and stays true to the play. 

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="306649" data-time="1486280919">
<div>
Just watched "The Invitation" tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Not pure horror, but still tense and unsettling in very subtle ways. Had me guessing throughout. Definitely the best work Karyn Kusama has done in her career.

Yeah I thought that was a creepy little movie. I liked it quite a bit.

</div>
</blockquote>

Finally saw this, and really loved it. Slow burn, but I really had a knot in my stomach for most of it. Did a great job of setting you up for obvious "Ok, here's where they are going " moments, then pulling the rug out from underneath you. 
I saw Hereditary last night. It was deeply upsetting.

Quote:I saw Hereditary last night. It was deeply upsetting.
Because it was such a disappointment?
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="332367" data-time="1529091364">
I saw Hereditary last night. It was deeply upsetting.
Because it was such a disappointment?

</blockquote>

No.
Good. I'm going to see it at the weekend. I've got high hopes for it.
Its not your typical jump-scare type horror movie. Just be prepared for something different...
I'm totally fed up with quiet quiet LOUD NOISE jumpy horror films. Something different is most welcome. Really looking forward to seeing it.
Let us know what you think...
Not a movie, but this is the trailer for the What We Do In the Shadows spin-off series. Hoping it gets picked up by either Netflix or Amazon soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRO2QfESbEI
Quote:I saw Hereditary last night. It was deeply upsetting.

Just watched it tonight. Probably going to be thinking about this one for a while. Unsettling to say the least.
Once you have had a chance to process it, Id love to hear your thoughts.
Meant to go and see it last week but going tomorrow night instead. It certainly seems to have polarised opinion.

You might enjoy this Butch, the guy in the video Mark Kermode has a really good movie review show on the radio every week. He's a massive horror fan but he wasn't too keen on Hereditary.

I started watching it but it's definitely too spoilerific so had to turn it off Smile

https://youtu.be/Adz1aFPxEQ0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33