Sons of Ivy

Full Version: These upcoming horror movies may not end up sucking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I've been a fan of Adam Wingard's work for a while since Pop Skull, A Horrible Way to Die, You're Next and VHS 1&2. I'm not surprised that he's starting to get noticed.
The Guest was really good and not at all what I expected. Surprisingly funny at times, too. I recommend it.

Awesome. That description is fairly consistent with Wingard's other movies. Looking forward to finally seeing it.
I am interested in Horns. I mean, Harry Potter playing the devil? I must see.

The Signal (2014) was.........interesting. Definitely sci-fi and not horror, though it had some elements of the latter. I was expecting a bit more but probably would still recommend it.
Over the weekend I picked out a random zombie movie on netflix, I went with Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption. Ouch...stay away from this one. I was blown away that this was made only three years ago. The visual effects and music made it feel like it was make 30 years ago. Horrible acting all around. At one point early in the movie, you can clearing spot two sound technicians in the background during a fight sequence.

Just bad overall.

Is VHS any good? It's on Netflix, along with the sequel, and I'm thinking about watching them this weekend. Should I?

VHS isn't bad. It's made up of a bunch of short-story found-footage clips, where some are better than others.

I'll probably check the sequel out...unless I hear that it's god awful.

Quote:Is VHS any good? It's on Netflix, along with the sequel, and I'm thinking about watching them this weekend. Should I?
I liked the first one, but loved the sequel.
VHS and its sequel are both solid. The GOPro camera segment in VHS 2 was awesome.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="veryzer" data-cid="230185" data-time="1412694931">
Is VHS any good? It's on Netflix, along with the sequel, and I'm thinking about watching them this weekend. Should I?
I liked the first one, but loved the sequel.

</blockquote>

The sequel was MUCH better. One segment was absolutely batshit insane. The zombie segment was fun, and none of them sucked.
My favorite segment, to which I think you're referring, was Safe Haven about the Indonesian cult. It was directed by Gareth Evans from The Raid/Raid 2. Absolutely insane and awesome.
Quote:My favorite segment, to which I think you're referring, was Safe Haven about the Indonesian cult. It was directed by Gareth Evans from The Raid/Raid 2. Absolutely insane and awesome.

Yes, that was it. Hate overselling stuff, but that one just kept getting better.
I need a good horror flick to watch that's streaming on Netflix.  Haven't gone through this whole thread...gimme one Rok/Butch please.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33