Sons of Ivy

Full Version: 2024 Cubs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
It’s nuts but the Dodgers can afford it even if Ohtani never throws over 100 innings again in his career.
Not concerned with Dodgers profitability nor the vast majority of MLB owners ability to feed their families on a daily basis

They will somehow manage
So had Ohtani stayed healthy last year, what would this deal have looked like?
(12-11-2023, 05:15 PM)MrSheps Wrote: [ -> ]So had Ohtani stayed healthy last year, what would this deal have looked like?

Hard to imagine.
Don’t believe that a fully healthy Ohtani would have received significantly more than $700 MM.

Can imagine a $715 - 735 MM deal but what’s another 2 - 5% tacked on to $700 MM.

Yeah, expecting to hear how it’s back loaded so total value is somewhere near a half billion. How will he survive given that high tax environment in CA?

——————————————————-
Just saw that Ohtani is only taking $2 MM per year and deferring the other $68 MM per year over 10 yrs which gets paid out from 2034 - 2043. From a CBT perspective, it’s a $48 MM per year hit but from cash perspective it’s $2 MM.
He's getting all that money deferred. wtf.
I can’t imagine the owners are pleased about this. It’s a sneaky way to circumvent the CBA rules. The Dodgers have instantly become the most hated team in baseball and Ohtani is the primary villain on the team. Fuck them both.
Believe it’s still $48 MM / yr based on CBA rules

Owners will be more pissed at Ohtani and Dodgers. As Dodgers have enough budget to add to one of the best rosters in MLB. Owners will be passed at Ohtani as last years MVP is playing for less than a couple rookies
Baseball writers can say what they want, pretty clear it was the Dodgers from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m already at my Ohtani saturation point.

I already don't care.

Can someone do a wellness check on Jed? Is he on PTO this off season?

Maybe Counsell was the centerpiece of the off-season all along.

(12-15-2023, 01:40 PM)rok Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Counsell was the centerpiece of the off-season all along.

Lol I was going to say, you may end up being right after all.

I don't think I made any predictions, but I was fearful that might end up being the case. You do get the increasing sense though that we're modeling the organization more after the Indians/Guardians than the Dodgers. That said, the off-season is still young.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27