Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs-Sox Week
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/popcorn.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=46976:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:28 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46973:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46955:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:05 AM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jun 29 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46947:date=Jun 29 2009, 09:50 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 29 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46946:date=Jun 29 2009, 09:47 AM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jun 29 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46913:date=Jun 29 2009, 08:08 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 29 2009, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Not to mention, the whole "Wrigley is the reason the Cubs draw so well" argument falls apart when you see Cubs fans fill all of the opposing teams' stadiums.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Chicagoans are all over the country. It's not a surprise that we put a lot of people in seats in other parks.

I don't know for sure Butch...Do you think this team would draw 3mm+ if the park were in Schaumburg or Arlington Heights? Would we still see people come without the neighborhood/bars?

The first few years would sell every ticket and then some. The die hards would always come for sure. But how long would that hold? I just don't know.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It isn't a fair question, though. Because there would be a HUGE backlash if the Cubs were moved to some random suburb outside of Chicago. It would piss off a whole lot of die-hard Cubs fans, including myself.

The fair question would be is, "If Wrigley was torn down and a new stadium built in its place (or close by), would the Cubs still draw 3mm+ every season?"

I don't think there is any doubt. If they stayed where they are, and built a nice new palace, that they'd draw. But Wrigley Field is more than just the history, the park and the bricks and ivy. It is the location. I think you could take the building that currently sits at 35th and Shields and move it to Clark and Addision, and 3.3mm Cubs fans would pack it to see the boys in blue and to then enjoy the neighborhood's environment.

I don't believe that people come just to see a Marquee, ivy, a statue, etc... I do, however, believe that if they vacate the neighborhood, that would be a different story. I just have no evidence to prove that one.

Typical sox hypocrisy. Out of one side out your collective mouths you say that sox fans are more discerning and will not support a bad team like dumb Cubs fans. Implying that you do go out and support a good team, even though you couldn't even sell out important games in late 2005 against the Tribe as they were breathing down your neck. And have trouble getting sellouts when not palying the Cubs since. So that's bullshit. So then the argument changes to "the nieghborhood".

Well isn't that just convienent as all hell. One argument is shit, so change the argument.

I also love how more diplomatic you are even though we all know what complete Cubs hating dick you are.

Fucking dumbass cocksucking shit for brains.

Actually, I never said that about the fans being stupid, Ozzie did. So please, let's not make me Ozzie, unless you're giving me the same money he's getting, then I probably wouldn't care if you put those words in my mouth. I never called you a "dumb Cubs fan" for supporting your team, win or lose.

And fuck you, too.

Bricklayer, more like dicklayer.

Asshat.

You think Ozzie just came up with that? I've been hearing that bullshit forever. Fuck I remember Mike North saying the same shit years ago and all the amen sox fans calling in to voice their fucking agreement.

Dicklayer?

Amateur
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=46987:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:34 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46984:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:33 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46981:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:30 AM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46974:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If you were as diehard as you claim to be, you wouldn't have shown up the day after a successful series and made the posts on here like you have. You're so full of shit, it's nauseating.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Posts here like I have? When did you EVER see me get on here and brag about anything? Yes, I'm so super happy that one bad fucking team just beat another bad team -- whoo hooo...time to celebrate, we just won a pointless series@#$!

You can be a jag, just like Bricklayer, but it doesn't make me a liar, a fake, or otherwise. I'm not here to stir trouble, not from the start of signing up, it's not what I do, and it's not what I'm about.
You're not here to stir up shit, but you don't post for months then come back the day after the series and start shit. Interesting. Just go away, we don't want to talk with you, we don't want you here, never did. Take cherp with you.

Not sure what I ever did to you.
You're a Sox troll on a Cubs website, I think it's pretty clear there's only one reason why you're here. There's no reason for you to be here. No one wants to discuss anything with you, no one cares about your opinion. I made this thread to declare how happy I was that I didn't have to be in Chicago to listen to this back and forth bullshit in person, then you come on here and start it and I get sucked in. Go away, we don't want you here anymore than we want cherp here.
<!--quoteo(post=46996:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:45 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46987:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:34 AM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46984:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:33 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46981:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:30 AM:name=hPOD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46974:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If you were as diehard as you claim to be, you wouldn't have shown up the day after a successful series and made the posts on here like you have. You're so full of shit, it's nauseating.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Posts here like I have? When did you EVER see me get on here and brag about anything? Yes, I'm so super happy that one bad fucking team just beat another bad team -- whoo hooo...time to celebrate, we just won a pointless series@#$!

You can be a jag, just like Bricklayer, but it doesn't make me a liar, a fake, or otherwise. I'm not here to stir trouble, not from the start of signing up, it's not what I do, and it's not what I'm about.
You're not here to stir up shit, but you don't post for months then come back the day after the series and start shit. Interesting. Just go away, we don't want to talk with you, we don't want you here, never did. Take cherp with you.

Not sure what I ever did to you.
You're a Sox troll on a Cubs website, I think it's pretty clear there's only one reason why you're here. There's no reason for you to be here. No one wants to discuss anything with you, no one cares about your opinion. I made this thread to declare how happy I was that I didn't have to be in Chicago to listen to this back and forth bullshit in person, then you come on here and start it and I get sucked in. Go away, we don't want you here anymore than we want cherp here.

You don't care yet you keep on replying -- so if I was in fact a troll, consider yourself trolled. I'm honestly not that kind of person, you can keep saying I am, but I'm not. If I came off that way to you, or to anyone else here, I apologize.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->You think Ozzie just came up with that? I've been hearing that bullshit forever. Fuck I remember Mike North saying the same shit years ago and all the amen sox fans calling in to voice their fucking agreement.

Dicklayer?

Amateur<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're right, it was amateur, just like you were to me. I'm sorry I stooped to your level in my defense. So far, aside from you and Ruby, everyone else has been relatively nice to me here, which is what I expected as I bet most of you are really nice people in real life.

And I don't care how Ozzie came up with it, I'm NOT Ozzie, and I'm not Mike North, either. And I sure as hell wasn't one of those Sox fans calling in to voice their agreement.

I find that mentality to be ridiculously lame.
The level of paranoia in this thread is a bit surprising and the agressive nature is disappointing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] He just talked about how Cubs fans are getting more anti-Sox and this thread only seems to be making him right. Maybe he is stirring the pot after a series victory, but there's nothing in this thread that is rubbing anything in or poking fun.
<!--quoteo(post=46999:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The level of paranoia in this thread is a bit surprising and the agressive nature is disappointing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] He just talked about how Cubs fans are getting more anti-Sox and this thread only seems to be making him right. Maybe he is stirring the pot after a series victory, but there's nothing in this thread that is rubbing anything in or poking fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, this is a day after a shitty series against the Sox, so would you expect us to welcome him with open arms and offer him a taint massage for his troubles? I'm not defending anyone, but the timing is a little suspect. That's all I'll say.
<!--quoteo(post=47000:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46999:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The level of paranoia in this thread is a bit surprising and the agressive nature is disappointing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] He just talked about how Cubs fans are getting more anti-Sox and this thread only seems to be making him right. Maybe he is stirring the pot after a series victory, but there's nothing in this thread that is rubbing anything in or poking fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, this is a day after a shitty series against the Sox, so would you expect us to welcome him with open arms and offer him a taint massage for his troubles? I'm not defending anyone, but the timing is a little suspect. That's all I'll say.

Rok, in fairness, I was here long before that, my past shows I don't often post, especially on things that have nothing to do with the Sox or generalized baseball discussion, as I try to leave my opinions out of Cubs only discussions...but this one was filled with accusations that lumped me into a group of fans that I despise, so I felt compelled to speak up.

It has nothing to do with the series that was just played -- which for the record I didn't even watch most of.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->offer him a taint massage for his troubles<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]

Where's Cesar Izturis when you need him?
<!--quoteo(post=47002:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:56 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47000:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:55 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46999:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The level of paranoia in this thread is a bit surprising and the agressive nature is disappointing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] He just talked about how Cubs fans are getting more anti-Sox and this thread only seems to be making him right. Maybe he is stirring the pot after a series victory, but there's nothing in this thread that is rubbing anything in or poking fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rok, in fairness, I was here long before that, my past shows I don't often post, especially on things that have nothing to do with the Sox, as I try to leave my opinions out of your discussions...but this one was filled with accusations that lumped me into a group of fans that I despise, so I felt compelled to speak up.

It has nothing to do with the series that was just played -- which for the record I didn't even watch most of.
I'm not implying anything, just saying that if some people perceive that to be the case, it is understandable. I never said you were a troll or unwelcome here.
<!--quoteo(post=47000:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46999:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 29 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The level of paranoia in this thread is a bit surprising and the agressive nature is disappointing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] He just talked about how Cubs fans are getting more anti-Sox and this thread only seems to be making him right. Maybe he is stirring the pot after a series victory, but there's nothing in this thread that is rubbing anything in or poking fun.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, this is on par with my expectations but elevated a bit. I just think highly of my fellow SOIers and would rather not see you guys stoop to this level.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img]

It never ceases to amaze me how much time and enegy is given to this series. There is no fun left in it.
Why the fuck are there Sox fans talking on this board? Isn't that what X "cherp" was banned for being? What the fuck's the deal with that? Sons of The Cell?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
So, can we focus on losing to the lowly Pirates now, or are we going to talk about the White Sox all week?
I just hope that makeup game never happens late in the season. I think I'd prefer AIDS to another crosstown game, especially if it is meaningful in any way.