Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs-Sox Week
Just go away.
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with hPOD coming over and arguing. Obviously he is going to get a LOT of shit, but (and I might have missed something) unless he is really rubbing it in, I don't think it's that big of a deal if he wants to defend the Sox. I haven't agreed with a lot of his points, but that's not to say he should be allowed to make them.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=47194:date=Jun 30 2009, 07:29 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 30 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->hey cock smooch, you can add me to the list too. i'm willing to bet that there isn't a single cub fan on this site that visited a white sox board after we won the first game of the series. i bet none of us have ever been on a white sox board, or at least not in many years. so why are you here? to start shit. you're ridiculously lame. flake off.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This disappoints me, as I expected something far wittier, not to mention funnier than this considering the source.

This isn't about Cubs boards or Sox boards to me, I made my position clear when I first arrived as to why I'm here. It's this same reason I dislike most Sox boards -- this group think mentality where outside thoughts, ideas, or opinions are bad. If I wanted everyone to agree with me, I'd do nothing but post on Sox boards and I'd never get that outside perspective I'm looking for. This thread is a perfect example as to why I come here to read what you post from time to time -- there is no way I'd get these types of honest opinions from a bunch of Sox fans.

I like to hear outside thoughts and opinions, even if I don't agree with them. If you don't want me here, or anyone like me here, than make the board private again. Otherwise, deal with the fact you've gone public.

And for the record, with Ozzie *still* going on about this, it's obvious that some of you were onto something, as even I'll admit that the time for this has passed -- there was no reason for him to say more than he already had considering the series was long over.

[Image: meetings.jpg]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i agree that my response wasn't up to par. i can't always be funny. even don rickles had a bad night every now and again. the point is still valid though. you came here after the white sox won two of three to stir the pot. i'm willing to bet that had the cubs won the series, you'd be nowhere to be found. and cock smooch is kind of funny.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=47197:date=Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with hPOD coming over and arguing. Obviously he is going to get a LOT of shit, but (and I might have missed something) unless he is really rubbing it in, I don't think it's that big of a deal if he wants to defend the Sox. I haven't agreed with a lot of his points, but that's not to say he should be allowed to make them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

agreed. and we shoud be allowed to jump his shit if we disagree. this is a cubs forum, not an MLB forum.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=47200:date=Jun 30 2009, 08:29 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jun 30 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47197:date=Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with hPOD coming over and arguing. Obviously he is going to get a LOT of shit, but (and I might have missed something) unless he is really rubbing it in, I don't think it's that big of a deal if he wants to defend the Sox. I haven't agreed with a lot of his points, but that's not to say he should be allowed to make them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

agreed. and we shoud be allowed to jump his shit if we disagree. this is a cubs forum, not an MLB forum.

You had me at hello.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->i agree that my response wasn't up to par. i can't always be funny. even don rickles had a bad night every now and again. the point is still valid though. you came here after the white sox won two of three to stir the pot. i'm willing to bet that had the cubs won the series, you'd be nowhere to be found. and cock smooch is kind of funny.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

See, this is more circumstantial than anything else. I would have posted what I posted either way, as I'm not a big fan of the entire Cubs/Sox thing that goes down in this city. I'm sure it's great for business, but from a fans perspective, I think it brings a loud voice to the wrong kinds of fans on either side of town. It's like a banner that says, "be really obnoxious!", it's ok, the media is in on it this week! As a matter of fact, I find more often than not that this series unbalances the so called "balanced schedule". For example, for quite a few years I recall the Cubs having to play the White Sox while the Cardinals were feasting on the Royals. How is that fair in terms of strength of schedule? On the flip side, the Sox dealt with the same, as I'd sure as hell rather play an easier NL Central team than the Cubs while my division rivals are playing some other weak ass team because they have no supposed NL or crosstown "rival".

I wasn't here to rub anything in. I like my team, but this baseball...it's fun. You're talking to a guy who once lost a bet that the Cubs couldn't sweep the Sox -- well, the Cubs did sweep the Sox that year -- so my payment was that I'd don a Sosa jersey at a Cubs/Cardinals game and sit in the bleachers. Not only did I have an awesome time, but the Cubs came back to win the game in the bottom of the 9th...yea, pictures circulated my group of friends that I was a closet Cubs fan, but I didn't care...if you can't have fun with baseball, you may as well jump off a bridge because you can't have fun with anything...
<!--quoteo(post=47197:date=Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with hPOD coming over and arguing. Obviously he is going to get a LOT of shit, but (and I might have missed something) unless he is really rubbing it in, I don't think it's that big of a deal if he wants to defend the Sox. I haven't agreed with a lot of his points, but that's not to say he should be allowed to make them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't have a problem with that.

I'd say you're in the majority. It's the vocal minority that's causing the drama.
<!--quoteo(post=47215:date=Jun 30 2009, 10:34 AM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 30 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47197:date=Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 30 2009, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm probably in the minority on this, but I don't have a problem with hPOD coming over and arguing. Obviously he is going to get a LOT of shit, but (and I might have missed something) unless he is really rubbing it in, I don't think it's that big of a deal if he wants to defend the Sox. I haven't agreed with a lot of his points, but that's not to say he should be allowed to make them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd say you're in the majority. It's the vocal minority that's causing the drama.

I think the drama is being caused by the single voice who seems to think he speaks for the majority, when in fact he is the minority, or at least the majority of the minority.
[Image: ATT1.jpg]

My cousin, who is a Red Sox fan, just emailed this to me.

"You've probably seen this but I thought it was pretty funny. How are those cubs doing this year? We got rid of our cable and so I'm having a tough time following baseball and am missing it!"

I started to write a scathing email back to him, but I discarded it.

What makes that funny? Oh, yeah...the Cubs haven't won the World Series in a long time. In fact...it was so long ago, THAT PEOPLE WERE CAVEMEN BACK THEN! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img]

Every time I start to feel my hatred for White Sox fans ebb a little, I see something like this. Then I start wanting them all to get eaten by piranhas.
You gotta admit Butch, that is pretty funny and creative. It got a smile from me anyway.
That is too corny for words. How do those people manage to function on a daily basis? I feel a Darwin award is in their future.
What I can't stand are the non-creative blasts like a shirt that says "sCrUBS" or a T-Shirt that says "Sux"
<!--quoteo(post=49602:date=Jul 13 2009, 01:06 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 13 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You gotta admit Butch, that is pretty funny and creative. It got a smile from me anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I didn't think it was funny or creative. It's the same fucking "joke" that has been repeated a bazillion times since I started forming memories -- and well before that time, I'm sure. The fact that they invested in Tarzan costumes and were willing to go out in public like that just exposes their utter douchebaggery to the entire world.

I hope that entire family trips and falls in a vat of acid.
<!--quoteo(post=49605:date=Jul 13 2009, 01:09 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 13 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=49602:date=Jul 13 2009, 01:06 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 13 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You gotta admit Butch, that is pretty funny and creative. It got a smile from me anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I didn't think it was funny or creative. It's the same fucking "joke" that has been repeated a bazillion times since I started forming memories -- and well before that time, I'm sure. The fact that they invested in Tarzan costumes and were willing to go out in public like that just exposes their utter douchebaggery to the entire world.

I hope that entire family trips and falls in a vat of acid.

yeah, there was nothing funny nor creative about dressing they way they probably dress at family reunions or trips to sears followed by dinner at the old country buffet. you know what would have been creative? not dressing his sister and his sister's kids up that way and then molesting them on train ride home. that would have shocked some people.
Wang.