Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawson and the HOF
A POPPA SIGHTING!!!!
Wow. He's going in as an Expo
<!--quoteo(post=77546:date=Jan 27 2010, 12:17 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 27 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wow. He's going in as an Expo<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Seriously? WTF? I'm sad.
He's my idol... but I can't argue much with this. I considered it a coin flip. At least its the Expos... can't hate on them.
@TheBlogfines
Him going in with the Expos is fucking garbage
I hate this decision, but I understand it. I also expected it. Baseball loves to memorialize dead franchises, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Hopefully this is the last time we ever hear about the Frogs in terms of HOF inductees.
I really can't argue with the Hall's decision here at all. Even though his best years were as a Cub, he made his name in his long time spent in Mtl. It's still going to be pretty cool in Cooperstown when the place is packed with Cubs fans cheering for him on induction day.
What a bunch of dicks. Seriously? Andre obviously wanted to go in as a Cub and they couldn't honor his request? What a bunch of fucking bullshit.
<!--quoteo(post=77579:date=Jan 27 2010, 09:45 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 27 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What a bunch of dicks. Seriously? Andre obviously wanted to go in as a Cub and they couldn't honor his request? What a bunch of fucking bullshit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

There are times when the Hall needs to overrule the players wishes...this is not one of those times. Hawk's wish was not crazy, spiteful or unjustified.
<!--quoteo(post=77581:date=Jan 27 2010, 10:49 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jan 27 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77579:date=Jan 27 2010, 09:45 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 27 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What a bunch of dicks. Seriously? Andre obviously wanted to go in as a Cub and they couldn't honor his request? What a bunch of fucking bullshit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

There are times when the Hall needs to overrule the players wishes...this is not one of those times. Hawk's wish was not crazy, spiteful or unjustified.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not to mention there's basically nobody that would be upset by him going in as a Cub. All Expos fans are extinct at this point, right?
Seriously. Does anybody on this planet give a flying fuck about the Expos or their legacy? I feel like this decision was made only to piss off Cubs fans.
<!--quoteo(post=77585:date=Jan 27 2010, 11:14 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 27 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seriously. Does anybody on this planet give a flying fuck about the Expos or their legacy? I feel like this decision was made only to piss off Cubs fans.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: save_the_expos.jpg]

Do you think fans this passionate can just turn it off? Huh? Do you?

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=77585:date=Jan 27 2010, 10:14 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 27 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seriously. Does anybody on this planet give a flying fuck about the Expos or their legacy? I feel like this decision was made only to piss off Cubs fans.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wouldn't go that far and I'm pretty paranoid about shit like that. Honestly, I think they just did it to have one more historical record to show that the Expos actually existed and people played for them.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Wasn't it Andre, when he retired, that said if he went into the HOF he would wear the cap of the team that paid him the most. Thus prompting the change in the HOF rules, wear they choose the cap.

I don't know why I have always thought this was the case so tell me if im wrong or right. Either way it doesnt change the fact that I love the man.
<!--quoteo(post=77608:date=Jan 27 2010, 11:43 AM:name=Tailgater)-->QUOTE (Tailgater @ Jan 27 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wasn't it Andre, when he retired, that said if he went into the HOF he would wear the cap of the team that paid him the most. Thus prompting the change in the HOF rules, wear they choose the cap.

I don't know why I have always thought this was the case so tell me if im wrong or right. Either way it doesnt change the fact that I love the man.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That doesn't sound right.