Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Millar
With an invite to Spring Training at some point this week according to Jerry Crasnik
I'll never forget that quote of his...something about how the Cubs will always be a loser organization...

"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
Kevin Millar will sign a minor league contract with the Cubs, according to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

Millar will receive an invite to spring training and the deal will be made official later this week, according to Crasnick. After having batted a measly .223/.311/.363 in 283 plate appearances for the Blue Jays last season, it's doubtful that the 37-year-old will contribute much to the Cubs this season beyond being a good guy to have in the locker room.
I don't understand this one at all. Maybe we're just helping him try to land on another team during ST. He can't possibly have a spot anywhere.
I hope this isn't the second guy after Nady Pinella meant when he said the Cubs would sign a couple of more players.
Isn't he just Dempster's buddy? Maybe a favor to him?
<!--quoteo(post=78334:date=Feb 2 2010, 08:40 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 2 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Isn't he just Dempster's buddy? Maybe a favor to him?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I believe they're like best friends. Everybody likes Millar. I wish we could just keep him around the clubhouse and he didn't have to take a roster spot.

Anyway, I can't see him playing a game for us.
@TheBlogfines
Maybe this is a trade precursor??
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=78368:date=Feb 2 2010, 04:20 PM:name=MW4)-->QUOTE (MW4 @ Feb 2 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe this is a trade precursor??<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If it is, it will be the most insignificant trade in the history of the universe.
<!--quoteo(post=78367:date=Feb 2 2010, 05:12 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 2 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=78334:date=Feb 2 2010, 08:40 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 2 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Isn't he just Dempster's buddy? Maybe a favor to him?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I believe they're like best friends. Everybody likes Millar. I wish we could just keep him around the clubhouse and he didn't have to take a roster spot.

Anyway, I can't see him playing a game for us.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe he can manage the bat boys.