Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood
Jocketty says no
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->"It would be tough with (Francisco) Cordero as our closer," Jocketty said.

Baker called Wood, who pitched for him in Chicago, upon hearing the Cubs and Wood were parting ways. The Cubs declined to offer Wood arbitration on Monday.

"I like Kerry. I like him a lot," Baker said.

So when a reporter from the Chicago Tribune called and asked if Baker would like to have Wood pitching for him again, he gave an honest answer.

"It's no big deal," Baker said. "He asked me a question. I ain't going to lie. I'd like to have (Kerry) but not as a closer. We've got a closer (Cordero). But you can never have too many good arms. Kerry's got a heck of an arm."

Baker, by the way, hadn't heard back from Wood as of late Tuesday afternoon.

"Kerry ain't always an easy guy to find," Baker said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Phillips' "bold prediction" is Kerry Wood to Milwaukee. So I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=1384:date=Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Phillips' "bold prediction" is Kerry Wood to Milwaukee. So I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have my money on Cleveland.
<!--quoteo(post=1404:date=Dec 5 2008, 07:54 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 5 2008, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1384:date=Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Phillips' "bold prediction" is Kerry Wood to Milwaukee. So I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That would be great for me, because for some reason I have always kinda liked Cleveland
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=1500:date=Dec 5 2008, 05:09 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Dec 5 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1404:date=Dec 5 2008, 07:54 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 5 2008, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1384:date=Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 5 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Phillips' "bold prediction" is Kerry Wood to Milwaukee. So I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That would be great for me, because for some reason I have always kinda liked Cleveland
They're really the only franchise that comes close to our level of pathetic. But they're really not all that close now that the Red Sox have won. Twice.
Detroit keeps coming up lately as a possible destination, and I don't know how I'd feel about it. Basically if he ends up in the AL, I'd hope he is in the Central and gets to pitch against the Sox. That would be sweet.
<!--quoteo(post=1617:date=Dec 5 2008, 07:06 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 5 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Detroit keeps coming up lately as a possible destination, and I don't know how I'd feel about it. Basically if he ends up in the AL, I'd hope he is in the Central and gets to pitch against the Sox. That would be sweet.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what I'd be rooting for. I think Detroit's gonna have a bounce back year this year.

I still want to trade for Willis and put him in the minors.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=1621:date=Dec 5 2008, 07:09 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 5 2008, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1617:date=Dec 5 2008, 07:06 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 5 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Detroit keeps coming up lately as a possible destination, and I don't know how I'd feel about it. Basically if he ends up in the AL, I'd hope he is in the Central and gets to pitch against the Sox. That would be sweet.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what I'd be rooting for. I think Detroit's gonna have a bounce back year this year.

I still want to trade for Willis and put him in the minors.
[Image: willis.jpg]
Kerry Wood to Indians?

<!--QuoteBegin-Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com+-->QUOTE (Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com)<!--QuoteEBegin-->The Indians appear to be close to signing closer Kerry Wood to a two-year contract, MLB.com has learned.

The offer to Wood might include an option for a third year, though that could not immediately be confirmed. But a source said the deal is gaining momentum and could be completed quickly.

The Indians met with Pat Rooney, the agent for Wood, at the Bellagio on Monday and stepped up their efforts to land the 31-year-old right-hander.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Take it for what's worth.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=2955:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kerry Wood to Indians?

<!--QuoteBegin-Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com)<!--QuoteEBegin-->The Indians appear to be close to signing closer Kerry Wood to a two-year contract, MLB.com has learned.

The offer to Wood might include an option for a third year, though that could not immediately be confirmed. But a source said the deal is gaining momentum and could be completed quickly.

The Indians met with Pat Rooney, the agent for Wood, at the Bellagio on Monday and stepped up their efforts to land the 31-year-old right-hander.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be cool with me, and welcome Biggz.
<!--quoteo(post=2959:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2955:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kerry Wood to Indians?

<!--QuoteBegin-Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com)<!--QuoteEBegin-->The Indians appear to be close to signing closer Kerry Wood to a two-year contract, MLB.com has learned.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it for Kerry or the Cubs. I mean, it's in the AL and he would be pitching against the Sox regularly. Plus they're on our level of ineptitude so he'd be used to that.

And thank you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=2968:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2959:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2955:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kerry Wood to Indians?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it for Kerry or the Cubs. I mean, it's in the AL and he would be pitching against the Sox regularly. Plus they're on our level of ineptitude so he'd be used to that.

Agreed...have always had a soft spot for Cleveland. He'll get to pitch for good fans, in a great park, and against the scourge.

Hey! Welcome Biggz...and all the new guys!
<!--quoteo(post=2981:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2968:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2959:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2955:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kerry Wood to Indians?

Agreed...have always had a soft spot for Cleveland. He'll get to pitch for good fans, in a great park, and against the scourge.

Also, it would keep him in the Midwest (well more east than midwest) close enough that his wife and kids could remain in Chicago. Not that they wouldn't have anyway.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=2989:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:46 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 9 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2981:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2968:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2959:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2955:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kerry Wood to Indians?

Also, it would keep him in the Midwest (well more east than midwest) close enough that his wife and kids could remain in Chicago. Not that they wouldn't have anyway.

Yeah...let's worry about Woody's family now.
<!--quoteo(post=2993:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:48 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 9 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2989:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:46 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Dec 9 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2981:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2968:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2959:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2955:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Kerry Wood to Indians?

Yeah...let's worry about Woody's family now.

Sarah needs to be taken care of too.
I got nothin'.

Andy