Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get Nomar
<!--quoteo(post=16354:date=Feb 5 2009, 09:57 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 5 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16350:date=Feb 5 2009, 09:48 PM:name=Gad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gad @ Feb 5 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nomar was HORRIBLE at SS last year. Just putting that out there. So using the fact he played there a lot as evidence of anything doesn't prove much. He played there because of injuries and was so desperately bad the Dodgers acquired Angel Berroa and his .600 OPS and started playing him everyday just to keep Nomar from playing SS.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's a good example of eyewitness testimony vs. stats. Gad watched him a lot, and Nomar probably looked pretty bad out there. However, fielding metrics rated him as slightly below average (while noting that at the peak of his Red Sox prime, his glove-work was...slightly below average.)
So as ugly as it may have been, he somewhat got the job done.

Anyway...............
unlike PcB, I really don't care that much. He's prolly gonna retire anyway. I just thought it'd be fun to have him on the roster in case there was that 25% chance that he was healthy, which could possibly mean we'd have a star player at a scrub salary.
Carry on.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
25% chance? You pulled that one out of your ass. Nomar is still a more then serviceable player. He's not a starting SS anymore but he would be what every person who has a hard-on for Derosa wants. A super-sub. The man can hit, and it's bullshit if you think not.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Dude, I'm on <i>your</i> side. I started this thread with the express purpose of saying "Nomar can be our DeRosa stand-in: he plays multiple positions, and can really hit."

There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=16363:date=Feb 6 2009, 12:12 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 6 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Dude, I'm on <i>your</i> side. I started this thread with the express purpose of saying "Nomar can be our DeRosa stand-in: he plays multiple positions, and can really hit."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about anyone hating on Nomar.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
right now, at this junction in their careers, derosa is better than nomar.
Wang.
No doubt. Good thing we traded him for 3 useless minor-leaguers.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=16380:date=Feb 6 2009, 08:11 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Feb 6 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->right now, at this junction in their careers, derosa is better than nomar.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That is my point. It is very unlikely Nomar could match DeRosa's '08 production. The way the team is constructed now, If Nomar did come in and have an allstar season, it would most likely mean Bradley misses significant time, some other injury or some combination of Fuk/Johnson, Theriot or Fontenot suck.
I like you guys a lot.
<!--quoteo(post=16466:date=Feb 6 2009, 01:40 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 6 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->No doubt. Good thing we traded him for 3 useless minor-leaguers.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

completely different argument.
Wang.
I also can't come to grips that we traded DeRosa. It sucks ass. Plain and simple. I'm also not reading this thread in it's entirety... it's too long. Nomar?? Seriously? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jerkit.gif[/img]
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=16349:date=Feb 5 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 5 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16348:date=Feb 5 2009, 09:33 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 5 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nomar is my favorite player of all time. I'll be happy as shit if we get him back.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Your favorite player of all time? Seriously?

He was my favorite non-Cub for a while, but he did jack shit as a Cub. Wasn't there a Cub you grew up idolizing?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you, Butch. Well said. He did nada as a Cub. I remember his arrival in 2004 thinking that it would do a great deal... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] . He was certainly NOT a memorable Cub.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
I only own 2 sports jerseys: A Kerry Collins Panthers jersey that I got almost 1 month before his meltdown and banishment from Charlotte and a Nomar jersey that I got about 6 weeks before his groin exploded. I am thinking about buying a Pujols jersey. And an Ozzie Guillen one.
<!--quoteo(post=16557:date=Feb 6 2009, 07:57 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 6 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I only own 2 sports jerseys: A Kerry Collins Panthers jersey that I got almost 1 month before his meltdown and banishment from Charlotte and a Nomar jersey that I got about 6 weeks before his groin exploded. I am thinking about buying a Pujols jersey. And an Ozzie Guillen one.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'll buy you a Braun jersey.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=16557:date=Feb 6 2009, 09:57 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 6 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I only own 2 sports jerseys: A Kerry Collins Panthers jersey that I got almost 1 month before his meltdown and banishment from Charlotte and a Nomar jersey that I got about 6 weeks before his groin exploded. I am thinking about buying a Pujols jersey. And an Ozzie Guillen one.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You didn't happen to secretly buy a Delhomme jersey in the last few months, did you?
<!--quoteo(post=16557:date=Feb 6 2009, 09:57 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Feb 6 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I only own 2 sports jerseys: A Kerry Collins Panthers jersey that I got almost 1 month before his meltdown and banishment from Charlotte and a Nomar jersey that I got about 6 weeks before his groin exploded. I am thinking about buying a Pujols jersey. And an Ozzie Guillen one.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You should buy a Steve Spurrier visor.
Didn't know where else to put this, but since Nomar lives in Manhattan Beach, CA, and my brother also lives there (and sees him all the time at the fish taco joint), I'll put it here.

My bro is coaching his son's Little League team, and one of the other managers is Eric Karros. Bro said they chatted for a half-hour today, and that Karros is a very cool guy.
Kabes, get your brother to invite Karros to SOITOW for the show and tell portion of the party.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody