Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get Nomar
<!--quoteo(post=16209:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:17 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 5 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16204:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:10 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Feb 5 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16203:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:06 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 5 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, I'd love to have him as the primary RH PH option off the bench. His defense is slipping badly, but as a backup he'd be fine for a few games here and there between 3B/SS/2B. Do it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't forget he played 1B for the Dodgers also.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh I know, just DLee hasn't needed much time off aside from when he had the wrist injury. 1B backup isn't a big priority in my mind, but it's good to know Nomar can play all 4 IF spots.
I think DLee could use a few more days off here and there.
Comparing Nomar to Jeter sounds good, but that projection does not even come close to matching DeRosa's 08 production. The Cubs are not going to be able to replace DeRosa, so they might as well get Aurillia. Aurillia is a better fit, because he is less of an injury risk and probably more willing to accept playing about 1/3 of the time max.
I like you guys a lot.
Before we got DeRosa I wanted to sign Nomar to play 2B, so I'm in favor of getting him now.
This Derosa hard-on needs to get flaccid soon.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=16213:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:25 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 5 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16209:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:17 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 5 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16204:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:10 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Feb 5 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16203:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:06 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 5 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, I'd love to have him as the primary RH PH option off the bench. His defense is slipping badly, but as a backup he'd be fine for a few games here and there between 3B/SS/2B. Do it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh I know, just DLee hasn't needed much time off aside from when he had the wrist injury. 1B backup isn't a big priority in my mind, but it's good to know Nomar can play all 4 IF spots.
I think he needs a day off a week.
<!--quoteo(post=16224:date=Feb 5 2009, 11:54 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Feb 5 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16213:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:25 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Feb 5 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16209:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:17 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 5 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16204:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:10 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Feb 5 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16203:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:06 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Feb 5 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, I'd love to have him as the primary RH PH option off the bench. His defense is slipping badly, but as a backup he'd be fine for a few games here and there between 3B/SS/2B. Do it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think he needs a day off a week.
Yeah, I keep forgetting that he isn't getting any younger and has lead feet these days. So yeah, this would make Nomar even more valuable, if he's worried about PT.
<!--quoteo(post=16222:date=Feb 5 2009, 12:50 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 5 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This Derosa hard-on needs to get flaccid soon.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you have a Derosa hard-on lasting longer than 4 weeks, please contact a doctor immediately.
<!--quoteo(post=16250:date=Feb 5 2009, 01:45 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16222:date=Feb 5 2009, 12:50 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 5 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This Derosa hard-on needs to get flaccid soon.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you have a Derosa hard-on lasting longer than 4 weeks, please contact a doctor immediately.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Try explaining that to your primary care physician...
<!--quoteo(post=16206:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd much rather have Nomar than Aurillia<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If we're gonna waste a couple million on someone like Aurillia, why not get the far superior Nomar?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=16296:date=Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16206:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd much rather have Nomar than Aurillia<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If we're gonna waste a couple million on someone like Aurillia, why not get the far superior Nomar?
I wouldn't say "far superior". There's really not much of a difference between the two actually. I'll be thrilled with either of them.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=16300:date=Feb 5 2009, 04:22 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 5 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16296:date=Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16206:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd much rather have Nomar than Aurillia<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wouldn't say "far superior". There's really not much of a difference between the two actually. I'll be thrilled with either of them.
Well, Nomar is younger, and a better fielder, and a better hitter. Does Aurilia have more grit or something?
But you're probably right, I should have said superior instead of far superior.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
It would be nice. However like Sleepy I had read that just last week that the Cubs were interested in him but he told them he is looking to go to a place that will offer more playing time. Who knows if that was earlier in the off-season or what but that is what I read.
<!--quoteo(post=16315:date=Feb 5 2009, 05:35 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 5 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16300:date=Feb 5 2009, 04:22 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 5 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16296:date=Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=16206:date=Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Feb 5 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd much rather have Nomar than Aurillia<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, Nomar is younger, and a better fielder, and a better hitter. Does Aurilia have more grit or something?
But you're probably right, I should have said superior instead of far superior.
Compare their last couple of seasons. You might be surprised.
Couple million for Aurilia? In case you haven't been watching the free agent activities this offseason...
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Sounds like the Phils are interested, and that Nomar might retire

Phillies Still Eyeing Nomar Garciaparra
By Drew Silva [February 5 at 6:38pm CST]

Scott Lauber of the Wilmington News Journal spoke with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. Thursday afternoon. Amaro reaffirmed the club's interest in Nomar Garciaparra, but said he doesn't expect an answer from the free agent infielder until spring training begins.

Garciaparra is supposedly considering retirement due to health issues. "Nomar has been great through the whole process, but he doesn't want to put our team in a position to bring on a player who may not be prepared to perform at his accustomed level," Amaro said. "But if we can bring Nomar in and give him an opportunity to be in camp, if he feels like he's healthy enough to do that, it gives us more depth."

Amaro said he's "not sure" if Nomar would be willing to accept a minor league contract if he does decide to play this year.