Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BP projects Cubs to win 95 games
I just want Fukudome to succeed so I can start saying "All your outfielder are belong to us" again.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=17215:date=Feb 10 2009, 07:51 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 10 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just want Fukudome to succeed so I can start saying "All your outfielder are belong to us" again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=17214:date=Feb 10 2009, 08:50 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 10 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17213:date=Feb 10 2009, 07:47 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 10 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17212:date=Feb 10 2009, 08:46 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 10 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17201:date=Feb 10 2009, 07:31 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 10 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think Fukudome will have a decent year...he's still my homie. Clapp I'm looking at you on this one. I'm wearing it right now actually.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I won't wear it again in public until he's hitting over .260.

But really, I think he'll have a decent year as well. That projection is absolutely outrageous. Could he do it? Yeah, but I'm certainly not going to bet on it.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wouldn't bet on it either, it's just a hunch.

Are you watching MLB Net right now?
Not at the moment. I was just watching some of that Baseball episode/inning.
Yeah, 5th Inning. It's pretty awesome. "Ducks on the Pond" was first said by Redd Barber.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=17215:date=Feb 10 2009, 08:51 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Feb 10 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just want Fukudome to succeed so I can start saying "All your outfielder are belong to us" again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=17212:date=Feb 10 2009, 08:46 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 10 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=17201:date=Feb 10 2009, 07:31 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Feb 10 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think Fukudome will have a decent year...he's still my homie. Clapp I'm looking at you on this one. I'm wearing it right now actually.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I won't wear it again in public until he's hitting over .260.

But really, I think he'll have a decent year as well. That projection is absolutely outrageous. Could he do it? Yeah, but I'm certainly not going to bet on it.
I wore it Monday.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->BP projects Cubs to win 95 games<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They're wrong.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Think about the mojo!
I haven't worn any of my Fuk tees since last July. I considered buring all of them or donating them to the Salvation Army.
<!--quoteo(post=17226:date=Feb 10 2009, 10:00 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Feb 10 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->BP projects Cubs to win 95 games<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They're wrong.

no they aren't.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=17235:date=Feb 11 2009, 12:44 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Feb 11 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I haven't worn any of my Fuk tees since last July. I considered buring all of them or donating them to the Salvation Army.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If he becomes a gigantic, epic flop of hilarious proportion... can I have them?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Nao Masamoto, the video coordinator for the Cubs, visited Fukudome twice this offseason, once in early December and again in January, to check on his workout program. Masamoto's prediction for the Japanese outfielder in 2009?

"I don't think he'll be as good [for the whole season] as what he did last April," Masamoto said Wednesday of Fukudome, "but, overall, he'll do fine and better than what he did last year for sure. There's no doubt in my mind."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Masamoto's mission was to make sure Fukudome was following the Cubs' workout regimen, which focused on adding more core exercises. Masamoto said he saw a definite improvement in the month between visits.

"He was doing great -- it was awesome," Masamoto said. "He was better [in January] than what I saw in December. It seems like the message got through to him."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=17438:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:33 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Feb 11 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Nao Masamoto, the video coordinator for the Cubs, visited Fukudome twice this offseason, once in early December and again in January, to check on his workout program. Masamoto's prediction for the Japanese outfielder in 2009?

"I don't think he'll be as good [for the whole season] as what he did last April," Masamoto said Wednesday of Fukudome, "but, overall, he'll do fine and better than what he did last year for sure. There's no doubt in my mind."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Masamoto's mission was to make sure Fukudome was following the Cubs' workout regimen, which focused on adding more core exercises. Masamoto said he saw a definite improvement in the month between visits.

"He was doing great -- it was awesome," Masamoto said. "He was better [in January] than what I saw in December. It seems like the message got through to him."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link
Unless he was watching him take a whole lot of BP against major league breaking balls, it means absolutely nothing.
I don't care if they win every freaking game this season... WIN in the POST season for the LOVE of GOD!!!!

And I'm sorry, but I don't see Fuk shining this coming season.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=17460:date=Feb 11 2009, 07:17 PM:name=Addison)-->QUOTE (Addison @ Feb 11 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't care if they win every freaking game this season... WIN in the POST season for the LOVE of GOD!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Amen. 162-0? Cute. Doesn't mean a goddamned thing to me until they win a game in October. Longest. Season. Ever. Ahead.
@TheBlogfines
Pecota hitter projections are out. If there's any subscribers or you come across them, please post away. The catcher projections were free, they project a better year out of Soto:

.288./.370/.519, 24 HR, 80 RBI

Last year he was...
.285/.364/.504, 23 HR, 86 RBI

They project this to be his best year of his career actually.

Link
@TheBlogfines