Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts
<!--quoteo(post=23761:date=Mar 18 2009, 12:02 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 18 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Given how long ST is this year, is there really any reason to assign anyone to minor league camp at this point? I mean, we might as well be regularly resting the guys that are actually going to be on the 25 man roster. ST is 39 games this year, a quarter of a season on nothing. So why not keep those extra players, especially the pitchers, around to eat up innings and spell the regulars after a couple innings?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
ST is also already more than 1/2 over, we only have like 17 games left and still have 22 pitchers in camp. I don't think there's any reason to keep too many more guys around than needed.
Oh, and the WBC guys will need to get back into "Cubs mode" soon too.
<!--quoteo(post=23781:date=Mar 18 2009, 07:56 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 18 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Oh, and the WBC guys will need to get back into "Cubs mode" soon too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, it will be good to have Soto back. It seemed as though he was only playing every other game with Molina and Pudge around on the PR team, so he needs to get cracking.
Caridad and Kadokura reassigned to minor league camp. 43 players left.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs sent outfielder Richie Robnett outright to Triple-A Iowa. Robnett was one of the two players the Cubs picked up from the A's for Michael Wuertz in February. The 2004 first-round pick never really belonged on the 40-man roster of either team, but there's still a slight chance he'll have a career as a reserve.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs optioned OF Jake Fox, RHP Jose Ascanio and OF Sam Fuld to Triple-A Iowa; reassigned LHP Jason Waddell and 3B-OF Bobby Scales to minor league camp. Fox had no chance of making the Cubs even after hitting .350/.400/.633 in 60 at-bats. He needs a trade and a lucky break or two. Ascanio surrendered eight runs in his 5 2/3 innings. Even a good spring probably wouldn't have saved him with the Cubs' bullpen as crowded as it is.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Should be down to 37 guys, I think.
<!--quoteo(post=24759:date=Mar 24 2009, 03:58 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs sent outfielder Richie Robnett outright to Triple-A Iowa. Robnett was one of the two players the Cubs picked up from the A's for Michael Wuertz in February. The 2004 first-round pick never really belonged on the 40-man roster of either team, but there's still a slight chance he'll have a career as a reserve.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs optioned OF Jake Fox, RHP Jose Ascanio and OF Sam Fuld to Triple-A Iowa; reassigned LHP Jason Waddell and 3B-OF Bobby Scales to minor league camp. Fox had no chance of making the Cubs even after hitting .350/.400/.633 in 60 at-bats. He needs a trade and a lucky break or two. Ascanio surrendered eight runs in his 5 2/3 innings. Even a good spring probably wouldn't have saved him with the Cubs' bullpen as crowded as it is.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Should be down to 37 guys, I think.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

37 in camp, 38 on the 40-man roster.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Ascanio has been a HUGE disappointment.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=24790:date=Mar 24 2009, 08:33 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Mar 24 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ascanio has been a HUGE disappointment.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Si, I think he's got the tools, but he's not performed well.
Not a surprise at all, but Hoffpauir's making the team. Len keeps saying he's a lock and Lou more or less said he's on the team today.
@TheBlogfines
Samardzija looked like shit again. ERA up to 9.75.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=24814:date=Mar 24 2009, 10:44 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 24 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Samardzija looked like shit again. ERA up to 9.75.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I think he's headed to Des Moines.
Fox needs to be traded to the AL
inflated era's in spring training can be misleading. i'm not saying samardjzia pitched better than his era because i really haven't seen him pitch, but i don't think his era necessarily means a whole lot when pitching in the hot dry arizona air. i think he goes down to des moines, but i think he gets back fairly quickly.
Wang.
Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.
<!--quoteo(post=24843:date=Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM:name=Quinn)-->QUOTE (Quinn @ Mar 25 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Spellcheck could also be working on a pitch or something.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm confused, did you just called Samardzija spellcheck?