Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
Also, here's Soriano's OBP in his career against the league average.

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?playe...1&type=full
Boy, that's an instructive graph. Check out the "good" area.
And, for grins, check out the D Lee and Theriot OBP graphs.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=25923:date=Mar 31 2009, 08:42 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 31 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Boy, that's an instructive graph. Check out the "good" area.
And, for grins, check out the D Lee and Theriot OBP graphs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
All I was doing was showing he's been above average. "Good" can be very selective.
Guess who lead off the game with a HR today?
<!--quoteo(post=26430:date=Apr 2 2009, 04:08 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 2 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guess who lead off the game with a HR today?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice. Was it on the first pitch?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=26430:date=Apr 2 2009, 05:08 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 2 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guess who lead off the game with a HR today?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Peabo Bryson?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=26499:date=Apr 2 2009, 05:13 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 2 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=26430:date=Apr 2 2009, 05:08 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Apr 2 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guess who lead off the game with a HR today?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Peabo Bryson?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No Ace, that guy was Mitch Cumstein.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
If Alf plays 145+ games he will be in top 3 for MVP. He has looked awesome so far, IMO. Seen him go the other way a few times, took a nice walk today and showed patience.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
In two weeks you'll be talking about how terrible he looks. And then in a month you'll be thinking he's the best player in the universe. Dude is streaky.
Like Toms underwear
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=29030:date=Apr 9 2009, 09:16 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 9 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Like Toms underwear<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So says "Sgt. Poopy Pants".
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=29030:date=Apr 9 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 9 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Like Toms underwear<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Dude's on a roll this week!
<!--quoteo(post=29030:date=Apr 9 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Apr 9 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Like Toms underwear<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats wwhy i always wear dark coloured undies. no whities for me, tighy or otherwise.
Wang.
I know that Sutcliffe gave him an MVP pep-talk, but the truth is that if we lead the league in wins again (big if), and one of our guys has a great year, he'll for sure be an MVP candidate.
And I could see Senor Streaky hitting 40 homers.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=29027:date=Apr 9 2009, 06:42 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Apr 9 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In two weeks you'll be talking about how terrible he looks. And then in a month you'll be thinking he's the best player in the universe. Dude is streaky.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Numbers are numbers though. You are probably right, but the best part about Soriano is there's always a streak hotter than the last one around the corner.If he puts up his big numbers like I think he will and the Cubbies get their wins I'll be happy. I don't care if it is streaky or not.

I'm serious when I say this, he might have one of the best offensive years we've seen on the Cubs since the Sosa years.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit