Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soriano
Soriano's projected stats last season, had he had 600 at bats (roughly his average over the course of his career):

101 runs
100 rbi
39 hr
26 sb

Those would have had him in the running for MVP. He wouldn't have won it, but he would have gotten votes. Not too shabby for a leadoff hitter.

Of course, it means nothing, but hopefully bodes well for this year now that he's healthy again.
I got nothin'.

Andy
i hope to god he's healthy this year. i'm looking for numbers similar to his national days. that would be razzle dazzle for sure.
Wang.
I don't expect he, Bradley, or Ramirez to play more than 120 games. Then, if they play over that, I'm pleasantly surprised. As long as they don't all miss their 40 games at the same time and are all healthy for the playoffs, it's no problem.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Since it accounts for the only 2 years he's been a Cub, it's easy to forget that prior to 2007, Soriano basically had a completely healthy career. 2 years isn't enough to presume that he's going to miss a lot of games.

Bradley's a different story.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Since being a regular, last year was the first time that Soriano played under 120 games.
Aramis has never played in under 120 games as a regular.
If all of them play less than 120 games we will be in trouble. Cubs are the best team in the Central but I don't think you could lose your top 3 offensive guys for 1/4 of the season and still expect to win the division very easily.
Lou's going to rest the regulars more but there's no reason to expect Soriano to not play 145+ games. He hurt his hamstring once, and got hit by a 95 mph fastball on the wrist another time. The guy is not "injury-prone".
@TheBlogfines
In the Sharapova Thigh article it said that Soriano wasn't batting leadoff. Did I miss something or is that wrong?
<!--quoteo(post=24992:date=Mar 25 2009, 03:56 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Mar 25 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In the Sharapova Thigh article it said that Soriano wasn't batting leadoff. Did I miss something or is that wrong?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Fly wrote that, and I had missed that. Soriano's hitting leadoff.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=24994:date=Mar 25 2009, 04:58 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 25 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24992:date=Mar 25 2009, 03:56 PM:name=wcplummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wcplummer @ Mar 25 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In the Sharapova Thigh article it said that Soriano wasn't batting leadoff. Did I miss something or is that wrong?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I went back to read it again and see it has been changed. Glad you said something I thought I was losing my mind.
<!--quoteo(post=24997:date=Mar 25 2009, 04:05 PM:name=wcplummer)-->QUOTE (wcplummer @ Mar 25 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24994:date=Mar 25 2009, 04:58 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 25 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=24992:date=Mar 25 2009, 03:56 PM:name=wcplummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wcplummer @ Mar 25 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->In the Sharapova Thigh article it said that Soriano wasn't batting leadoff. Did I miss something or is that wrong?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I went back to read it again and see it has been changed. Glad you said something I thought I was losing my mind.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah I just went back and took that part out. Thanks for the heads up.
@TheBlogfines
I think those numbers are quite reasonable for a full season, but it seems he just can't stay healthy anymore. I know his injuries haven't been conditioning related or anything very serious, but the trend is undeniable to me. I expect numbers similar to his 2007 season however, and assume he'll play around 120-140 games.

Also, I expect Amarmis to have a huge year, but Lee to regress even more. I also have a feeling Bradley will be solid for 130 games or so.
The player I'm most worried about is Soto, hands down, without a doubt. Bradley, Soriano, and Ramirez will be fine. Lee will continue to decline, but not enough to warrant me to have a hernia over it.
Yeah I think Soto might regress just a bit, but I think he will be ok, we don't need hm to be an all-star. I expect his average to drop a bit, but he will hit his HRs.

I agree, when healthy, Bradley, Soriano and Ramirez are gonna mash. Lee I don't know what to think. I could see him having a bounce back year, or I could see him having an awful year.
The biggest factor for me that might cause Soto to regress a bit is Blanco being gone. I think he'll hit .270/.340 with 20 hr and about 60-70 rbi. His defense may take a small step back though, but he's the least of my worries.