Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fontenot
<!--quoteo(post=44237:date=Jun 15 2009, 01:04 PM:name=Fella)-->QUOTE (Fella @ Jun 15 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->we have a bunch of lefties that can't even touch lefty pitching on our roster and we don't even have enough righties to be able to sit them all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, we do. Fontenot is terrible against lefties and Miles is significantly better hitting against lefties. Fukudome has actually shown a propensity to hit evenly against both lefties and righties and Bradley is slightly better against lefties. Hoffpauir should only be facing RHP to give guys like Lee, Soriano, and Bradley a break.

The only time I've had problems with handedness is when we face a lefty pitcher. When we face a lefty, there's no reason for Hoff or Fontenot to be playing. None. That's where I've had a major problem with this team this year.
<!--quoteo(post=44244:date=Jun 15 2009, 01:18 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Jun 15 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Oh, and if we were doing straight OPS comparison, I think the more appropriate comparison would be Miles and DeRosa when considering the current Cubs team.

But I'm not talking OPS, I'm talking players on the whole...I'd rather have DeRosa than Fontenot right now, though we're still a .500 team with him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The thing is, I feel DeRosa on this team instead of Fontenot makes that much of a difference on this team. Lee still would have struggled at the beginning of the year. Soto, Soriano, and Bradley would still have been hitting sub .240 at this time in the year.

Say what you will about DeRosa/Fontenot and by all means be upset about it; but don't blame the .500 record on DeRosa not being a Cub. I keep seeing this as a major focal point around here and in many cases a chief reason why the Cubs are struggling this season and there's plenty of blame to go around for that.
With DeRosa on the team, I feel our record would be 1-2 games better. Maybe. We would still have major issues, even with DeRosa on the team.

I'm upset because it was a stupid, unnecessary, short-sighted move on Hendry's part.
<!--quoteo(post=44296:date=Jun 15 2009, 05:23 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jun 15 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=44244:date=Jun 15 2009, 01:18 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ Jun 15 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Oh, and if we were doing straight OPS comparison, I think the more appropriate comparison would be Miles and DeRosa when considering the current Cubs team.

But I'm not talking OPS, I'm talking players on the whole...I'd rather have DeRosa than Fontenot right now, though we're still a .500 team with him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The thing is, I feel DeRosa on this team instead of Fontenot makes that much of a difference on this team. Lee still would have struggled at the beginning of the year. Soto, Soriano, and Bradley would still have been hitting sub .240 at this time in the year.

Say what you will about DeRosa/Fontenot and by all means be upset about it; but don't blame the .500 record on DeRosa not being a Cub. I keep seeing this as a major focal point around here and in many cases a chief reason why the Cubs are struggling this season and there's plenty of blame to go around for that.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Umm...I said that this team was .500 with or without DeRosa. That is to say, the difference he would have made is disproportionate with how much we talk about rather having him than Fontenot. I don't know where you pulled this blaming the .500 record on Derosa not being a cub.
But Fontenot is one of my Facebook friends!!!!
[Image: lou.jpg]