Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Things Considered....
it is amazing we're doing this well. i am pleased.
So...they're on pace for 95 wins.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=38000:date=May 14 2009, 04:23 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ May 14 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As bad as we've been (and looking at the stats andy posted), you would think we were 5 games under. I really have no idea how we have won thus far.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The stats or kind of skewed because we went through an 8 game period (April 23-30) where we couldn't pitch and we couldn't hit to save our lives. Our era ballooned to around 5 and our team BA dipped to below .250 because of that slump. Aside from that shitty stretch of baseball, we've been pretty solid. I'm pretty confident that if our team were healthy so far, we'd have 2-3 more wins too.
So I'm the only one that believes we are just getting lucky and playing over our heads right now?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=38612:date=May 19 2009, 12:27 AM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ May 19 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I'm the only one that believes we are just getting lucky and playing over our heads right now?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I worry about it, cupcake. But our luck could hold until we get healthy.
<!--quoteo(post=38612:date=May 18 2009, 10:27 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ May 18 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I'm the only one that believes we are just getting lucky and playing over our heads right now?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We're 3-5 in 1 run games, we've had at least one of our 3-4-5 hitters out at all times in the last month, our 3-4 hitters are hanging around the Mendoza line, our starting catcher who was the ROY and NL All-Star starter was probably the worst player in the league for the first month, our bullpen couldn't possibly do worse, all of our starting pitchers outside of Lilly have underachieved, on and on. I think we can only get better.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=38614:date=May 19 2009, 12:37 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 19 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=38612:date=May 18 2009, 10:27 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ May 18 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I'm the only one that believes we are just getting lucky and playing over our heads right now?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We're 3-5 in 1 run games, we've had at least one of our 3-4-5 hitters out at all times in the last month, our 3-4 hitters are hanging around the Mendoza line, our starting catcher who was the ROY and NL All-Star starter was probably the worst player in the league for the first month, our bullpen couldn't possibly do worse, all of our starting pitchers outside of Lilly have underachieved, on and on. I think we can only get better.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So I guess that means, record-wise, we have been very lucky. But as Clapp says, we can only get better.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
our record this time last year: 21-15.
Wang.
I'm not counting out any team right now in the NL except for the Nats, Bucs and SD. I have serious concerns about our team, always do, but those concerns pale in comparison to other teams out there. The Brewers rotation still sucks IMO. The Cards have both bullpen and rotation issues, along with injuries. The Reds are still unproven, though their pitching is solid. The Astros suck. All I'm saying is that while we aren't as good as some would lead us to believe, we're still in better shape than most. My biggest concerns are with the bullpen, the health of Z and Aramis and Fontenot's struggles. I think Bradley and Soto are coming around. The bullpen in many ways is showing signs of stabilizing. I dunno, I'm just becoming a lot more patient with this team and with baseball in general.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->After 36 games last season, the Cubs had the same record as this season, 21-15. They were in second place, one game behind the Cardinals in the NL Central. ... The Cubs were 12-6 in Busch Stadium the past two seasons, 1-2 this season. ... The Cubs have outscored opponents 40-27 in the first two innings, but have been outscored in the seventh and eighth innings 54-28.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't see how this team is playing over their heads. Actually up until the last week I thought just the opposite.
<!--quoteo(post=38723:date=May 19 2009, 03:29 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ May 19 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't see how this team is playing over their heads. Actually up until the last week I thought just the opposite.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep.
@TheBlogfines