Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs-Sox Week
<!--quoteo(post=46567:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:43 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46566:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Considering Fields should have been struck out on the 2-2 pitch anyway, the ump owed the Cubs those 1.675 inches that ball may have been outside by.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I noticed that too. Seriously, if you get the chance, listen to those bitches gripe on that pitch on WGN. I expect it from Hawk, but Stone was a real disappointment.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=46569:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:45 PM:name=jeffy)-->QUOTE (jeffy @ Jun 26 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46566:date=Jun 26 2009, 08:40 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It was at least 7 inches outside. Hawk said so and he's never wrong.

Kidding aside, I actually had a sox fan tell me recently that Hawk is "the pinnacle of human sports casting" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]
Well, he's clearly not "the zenith of robotic recreational telecommunications."
<!--quoteo(post=46570:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:46 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46567:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:43 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46566:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Considering Fields should have been struck out on the 2-2 pitch anyway, the ump owed the Cubs those 1.675 inches that ball may have been outside by.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Seriously, if you get the chance, listen to those bitches gripe on that pitch on WGN. I expect it from Hawk, but Stone was a real disappointment.
I've watched enough Sox games to confirm that he's a total assbag. They are literally the only broadcasters I've ever heard consistently blame losses and bad plays on umpires. No real broadcast team does that, anywhere else. Totally, absolutely, without a doubt the most unprofessional broadcast team in baseball.
Stone is as big of a tool as Hawk these days
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
<!--quoteo(post=46572:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:51 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46570:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:46 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46567:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:43 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=46566:date=Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jun 26 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just watched the replay of the game on comcast, and Steve Stone, and of course Hawk, can suck my cock. I heard the replay of those bitches complaining about the last pitch of the game, and it was a fucking joke. IF that pitch was outside, it was outside by 2 inches. Way to close for Scotty nonads to take it with 2 strikes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've watched enough Sox games to confirm that he's a total assbag. They are literally the only broadcasters I've ever heard consistently blame losses and bad plays on umpires. No real broadcast team does that, anywhere else. Totally, absolutely, without a doubt the most unprofessional broadcast team in baseball.
It really is no surprise then that the average Sox fan adopts the persona of these idiots in the booth and out in the dugout. They're indoctrinated with this BS every day, and truly have no chance of avoiding becoming whiny, lowest common denominator, mouth-breathing dirtbags who hate the Cubs more than they love their own team.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Looks like Ozzie is being Ozzie again.

After Cubs manager Lou Piniella pointed out the spike in attendence from 22,000 when the Dodgers faced the Sox to a full house when the Cubs visited U.S. Cellular Field this weekend, Guillen was asked why attendance was so low at the Sox-Dodgers series.

"Because our fans are not stupid like Cubs fans," Guillen said. "They know we're (expletive)."

Guillen said Cubs fans will go watch any game at Wrigley Field because, "Wrigley Field is just a bar"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: lou.jpg]
This whole thing has become beyond tiresome.

Ho-hum.
As much as I had the Ozzie sideshow, I actually like the comment about Sox fans knowing they are shit. Basically he said, our fans are a bunch of bandwagoners.
Not to mention, the whole "Wrigley is the reason the Cubs draw so well" argument falls apart when you see Cubs fans fill all of the opposing teams' stadiums.
As a Sox fan I can say a few things about this.

B5 (Before 2005), for the most part, Cubs fans were right about a lot of Sox fans and their obsession with the Cubs. Frankly, it was nauseating when we'd lose a game to the Twins and then I'd hear the idiotic "Cubs Suck" chant down the ramp way at The Cell. It was retarded, that's all I'll say about that as I'm sure I can write a book as to how retarded it is/was. A5 (After 2005), what I've found, is that there are still some obsessed Sox fans that continue to act like bags of douche and do this sort of thing, but the fact is, so do a *LOT* of Cubs fans, now. Before 2005, none of you acted like this, now, many of you do...I see it here all the time. Threads like this never even existed back the day, now they're pretty common. The thing I find worse about the Cubs fans doing this is that many of them do it while claiming it's all the Sox fans do/care about, etc.

I have some news for many of you, this is one Sox fan that can care less. I'd rather get swept by the Cubs *every year* but win the ever so important and pivotal series against a division rival that puts us on top and gets us into the playoffs. Just because some fans act like idiots doesn't mean all fans act like idiots. I've sat in the bleachers at Wrigley plenty of times and seen the sort of douchebaggery that goes on out there, but do I think all Cubs fans act like that? No. Obviously, they don't. Some of us are just fans of baseball, even if it's about the teams we don't necessarily root for, including the Cubs. There are Cubs fans that are knowledgeable, and care deeply about their team, and they aren't just at Wrigley for 'the party'.

Now, we all know Ozzie can be "Ozzie"...AKA The Blizzard, or whatever other stupid name you want to call him, but that's ok because he's OUR manager. He says stupid things and we like it. He cares. He may not go about showing it with the most class, but he still cares. The same applies to Hawk. Everyone in the sane world of sports knows Hawk is a homer fanboy of the Sox...biased to the core, and unlike most Sox fans, I'll admit that I like it. Why? Because, he's OUR announcer. He's not announcing for the fans of the other team, he's announcing for us. He's invested in MY team. A lot of you hate Santo, I'd venture to guess, but I like Santo, and why?! For the *same* reason. BECAUSE HE GIVES A SHIT. He's invested, just like a fan, just like one of us...we know he feels what we feel when our teams fail or comes up short in the end, and all of us know this feeling.

Let's not act like this mentality is just a douchebag Sox thing anymore.

Hey, Pot! My name is Kettle...did you know you're black?!
It's amazing that you made it back here to post that after the series, astounding actually.
<!--quoteo(post=46919:date=Jun 29 2009, 08:20 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 29 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's amazing that you made it back here to post that after the series, astounding actually.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you talking about me, trying to make it as if I'm that kind of fan? Try harder is all I can say, because you failed, and if you knew me, even a little, you'd know it.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/asshole.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=46917:date=Jun 29 2009, 08:13 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As a Sox fan I can say a few things about this.

B5 (Before 2005), for the most part, Cubs fans were right about a lot of Sox fans and their obsession with the Cubs. Frankly, it was nauseating when we'd lose a game to the Twins and then I'd hear the idiotic "Cubs Suck" chant down the ramp way at The Cell. It was retarded, that's all I'll say about that as I'm sure I can write a book as to how retarded it is/was. A5 (After 2005), what I've found, is that there are still some obsessed Sox fans that continue to act like bags of douche and do this sort of thing, but the fact is, so do a *LOT* of Cubs fans, now. Before 2005, none of you acted like this, now, many of you do...I see it here all the time. Threads like this never even existed back the day, now they're pretty common. The thing I find worse about the Cubs fans doing this is that many of them do it while claiming it's all the Sox fans do/care about, etc.

I have some news for many of you, this is one Sox fan that can care less. I'd rather get swept by the Cubs *every year* but win the ever so important and pivotal series against a division rival that puts us on top and gets us into the playoffs. Just because some fans act like idiots doesn't mean all fans act like idiots. I've sat in the bleachers at Wrigley plenty of times and seen the sort of douchebaggery that goes on out there, but do I think all Cubs fans act like that? No. Obviously, they don't. Some of us are just fans of baseball, even if it's about the teams we don't necessarily root for, including the Cubs. There are Cubs fans that are knowledgeable, and care deeply about their team, and they aren't just at Wrigley for 'the party'.

Now, we all know Ozzie can be "Ozzie"...AKA The Blizzard, or whatever other stupid name you want to call him, but that's ok because he's OUR manager. He says stupid things and we like it. He cares. He may not go about showing it with the most class, but he still cares. The same applies to Hawk. Everyone in the sane world of sports knows Hawk is a homer fanboy of the Sox...biased to the core, and unlike most Sox fans, I'll admit that I like it. Why? Because, he's OUR announcer. He's not announcing for the fans of the other team, he's announcing for us. He's invested in MY team. A lot of you hate Santo, I'd venture to guess, but I like Santo, and why?! For the *same* reason. BECAUSE HE GIVES A SHIT. He's invested, just like a fan, just like one of us...we know he feels what we feel when our teams fail or comes up short in the end, and all of us know this feeling.

Let's not act like this mentality is just a douchebag Sox thing anymore.

Hey, Pot! My name is Kettle...did you know you're black?!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dude, I appreciate the thought out sentiments, but I'm calling bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

Cherp and I had a disagreement over this a long time ago. The idea that Cub fans, on a Cubs board, would have no reaction to a no class fucking chunk of smelly poo like Guillen MAKING FUN OF CUB FANS, is simply wrong. Had the internet been invented in 1908, and the dipshit manager of the Cincinnati Longstockings had said Cub fans were stupid, Cub fans would react to it. as evidence, I will point to Cub fans getting rather irate with the skeletal remains of Marty Brennaman. Last I checked, the Reds are not the White Sox, nor is Brennaman Ozzie Guillen. Cub fans got upset, not because we are obsessed with the Reds, but because it's human fucking nature to react when someone calls you stupid.

From my perspective (and it's the only perspective I have), Sox fans are still obsessed with the Cubs. Not all Sox fans. But a big enough chunk of them to make it pretty obvious they are not a voiceless minority.

Again though, I want to reiterate, if I were to walk up to you out of the blue, get in your face, and tell you that you are a moron, the NORMAL thing for you to do would be to respond. Not because you are obsessed with me. But because that is how normal people react to classless fuckwits. Which Ozzie clearly is.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
This is the way that Ozzie tries to make the Sox relevant.
I have no problems with Ozzie. He just doesn't filter himself like other professionals in sports do. I find it refreshing.