Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harden and Heilman Claimed on Waivers
<!--quoteo(post=60994:date=Sep 1 2009, 05:00 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 1 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Z > Wolf and still has the potential to be better than Lackey, at least in my opinion<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But is Z at 4/72 better than Wolf at 1/5, which is what he is got this year, or Wolf at 2/18 or 3/24, which is what I think he'll get this offseason?

If they were priced similarly I'd take Z in a heartbeat.
<!--quoteo(post=60995:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:01 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Sep 1 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60984:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:25 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 1 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60981:date=Sep 1 2009, 03:20 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 1 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would give these players their walking papers:

Soriano
Bradley
Zambrano
possibly Fuk - not sure<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I've read this whole thread and I really don't understand your brain.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would love to be out from under all of those contracts, with the exception of probably Z.

And you replace them quite easily. Fuld in CF, Fox in RF, find a LFer.
Wow, Fuld? Fox in RF? Um, no....
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] <!--quoteo(post=60992:date=Sep 1 2009, 03:57 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 1 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I agree Butch. IMO, we're not competing with those guys either. My vote would be for a full blow up of this team. I think you have stated yours is similar. However, I don't think a Cubs team will ever do such a thing based on our market size. So the next best thing would be a partial blow up and replace the overpaid players (Z, Soriano, Milton) with other players that are paid to their ability. I would replace Soriano with Fox. I would replace Milton with either Holliday or Abreu or Jason Bay or Carl Crawford depending on the budget of the new owner. I would replace Z with Lackey or Randy Wolf.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can replace Bradley with Holliday or Abreau and Z with Lackey or Wolf but you better be prepared to eat a bunch of salary as you are selling low for each of those players and buying high.

I hope Ricketts have a pot of gold or two for this offseason but I just don't see them having that capability.
<!--quoteo(post=60998:date=Sep 1 2009, 05:05 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 1 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60995:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:01 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Sep 1 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60984:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:25 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 1 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60981:date=Sep 1 2009, 03:20 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 1 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would give these players their walking papers:

Soriano
Bradley
Zambrano

I would love to be out from under all of those contracts, with the exception of probably Z.

Wow, Fuld? Fox in RF? Um, no....

You don't think Fox could play RF? KFuk, for the money he makes, doesn't do much more than Sam Fuld would do IMO. Plus the money you save you can go out and get a guy like Crawford to play LF.
Sam Fuld has 65 major league ABs. We don't know anything about his ability yet.

Again -- if we're going to do a true rebuild, then fine -- put Fuld in CF and Fox in RF. If we're going to try to compete, then nope.
There's no reason not to rely on Jason Dubois Ronny Cedeno Mike Fontenot Jake Fox. Look at how well he's done in limited playing time.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
I guess people didn't learn from Bobby Scales. Fox and Fuld are not pieces of any sort of winning ball club other than Fox being a bat off the bench (or possible DH in the A.L) and Fuld being a defensive replacement/ PH. The overestimation of these 2 is incredible.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Fox's future, if he has one as an everyday player, is on an AL team somewhere. I wish we could just stick him in LF and see what he can do with 500 AB, but I don't think he fits anywhere else other than DH, and not on a team with a 140 mil payroll.

Trade him while you can and sell high.
<!--quoteo(post=61001:date=Sep 1 2009, 05:11 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Sep 1 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KFuk, for the money he makes, doesn't do much more than Sam Fuld would do IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is Michelle Bachmann crazy.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=60995:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:01 PM:name=vitaminB)-->QUOTE (vitaminB @ Sep 1 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60984:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:25 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Sep 1 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=60981:date=Sep 1 2009, 03:20 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Sep 1 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I would give these players their walking papers:

Soriano
Bradley
Zambrano

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get more stupid.
This thread is brought to you by...

[Image: Special%20Olympics.gif]

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Is the purpose to save money and get a high draft pick in 2011? If so, that's the ticket.

Though I do think Fox has a ML bat.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=61025:date=Sep 1 2009, 05:04 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Sep 1 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=61001:date=Sep 1 2009, 05:11 PM:name=vitaminB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vitaminB @ Sep 1 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->KFuk, for the money he makes, doesn't do much more than Sam Fuld would do IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
This is Michelle Bachmann crazy.

Let's not say anything we are going to regret.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=61015:date=Sep 1 2009, 05:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Sep 1 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fox's future, if he has one as an everyday player, is on an AL team somewhere. I wish we could just stick him in LF and see what he can do with 500 AB, but I don't think he fits anywhere else other than DH, and not on a team with a 140 mil payroll.

Trade him while you can and sell high.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I could get on board with this.
<!--quoteo(post=61004:date=Sep 1 2009, 04:13 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Sep 1 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sam Fuld has 65 major league ABs. We don't know anything about his ability yet.

Again -- if we're going to do a true rebuild, then fine -- put Fuld in CF and Fox in RF. If we're going to try to compete, then nope.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
0 career RBI.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]