Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOLY MINNESOTA TWINS!!
[Image: yanks.gif]
<!--quoteo(post=84172:date=Mar 23 2010, 02:59 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 23 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[Image: yanks.gif]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They don't need to pay Mauer $184mm if they're bringing along a hot prospect. They can afford a fresh DH every few years on a short deal. I buy the Red Sox having an interest but not the Yanakees.
Oh well.
If you dont believe it, then it must be the case,
<!--quoteo(post=84170:date=Mar 23 2010, 02:53 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 23 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84155:date=Mar 23 2010, 02:25 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Mar 23 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I really like how people keep thinking that he would have signed for less than that to stay in Minnesota.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unless you think another cub was prepared to pay for 8 at 23 per, the Twins overpaid.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If the Minnesota fucking Twins were willing to pay 8 years at 23 per, I guarantee there would have been other clubs more than willing.
From Stark's article:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The other day in spring training, I found myself sitting with a bunch of longtime scouts. The subject was Joe Mauer in general, and the amount of money he could make in particular.

"In a way," said one of those scouts, "I hope he gets out on the market next winter, because I'd love to see the Yankees and the Red Sox bidding against each other on that guy."

<b>We'll never know now how high they might have gone. But the annual salary everyone casually seemed to agree on was 30 million bucks. The only question was how many years. They never did settle on that. But let's just say that eight years was lower than any number thrown out there.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=84168:date=Mar 23 2010, 02:44 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 23 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->328?!
Wow. Seems like they need to sign a right-handed power/pull hitter.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And buy a shit ton of portable heaters.
I guess I just am not prepared to see a ballplayer making a QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS.
<!--quoteo(post=84189:date=Mar 23 2010, 03:45 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 23 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I just am not prepared to see a ballplayer making a QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Me neither. In this economic environment, and considering that I still make about 20% less than what I did 18 months ago, I'm not cheering for any future billionaire athletes, and I don't care how talented or dreamy they may be.
<!--quoteo(post=84189:date=Mar 23 2010, 03:45 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 23 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I just am not prepared to see a ballplayer making a QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We passed that bar in 2001, when that A-Rod fella met up with Tom Hicks.
FWIW, the Ryno deal was considered outrageous and paradigm-shifting at the time.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Come on Rok, I'll buy the talented part but the dreamy? Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Jody, remind me to punch you in the nuts.

j/k Anyone who enjoys Grand Funk's "Bad Time" is a prince in the my book. (One of the first songs I ever learned; real easy to play...mostly G, Am and D.)
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=84210:date=Mar 23 2010, 04:27 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 23 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jody, remind me to punch you in the nuts.

j/k Anyone who enjoys Grand Funk's "Bad Time" is a prince in the my book. (One of the first songs I ever learned; real easy to play...mostly G, Am and D.)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm still not getting the Alex Chilton/Bad Time reference.
<!--quoteo(post=84216:date=Mar 23 2010, 04:36 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 23 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84210:date=Mar 23 2010, 04:27 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Mar 23 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jody, remind me to punch you in the nuts.
j/k Anyone who enjoys Grand Funk's "Bad Time" is a prince in the my book. (One of the first songs I ever learned; real easy to play...mostly G, Am and D.)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm still not getting the Alex Chilton/Bad Time reference.
The first words of the song are "I'm in love..."
shouted by Mark Farner.

So, do we think that the Twins will be in a grand funk if Mauer gets hurt? Or will they find a replacement?
You mean like... ARod?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=84224:date=Mar 23 2010, 04:57 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Mar 23 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=84189:date=Mar 23 2010, 03:45 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 23 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I guess I just am not prepared to see a ballplayer making a QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You mean like... ARod?

BLAH BLAH BLAH...I CAN'T HEAR YOU...