Poll: National League West
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dodgers
29.17%
14 29.17%
Rockies
31.25%
15 31.25%
Giants
27.08%
13 27.08%
Diamondbacks
12.50%
6 12.50%
Padres
0%
0 0%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National League Division Winner Predictions
Who you got?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Padres, Pirates, Nationals, Astros for the WC
It's comforting to know that since the Astros got Ed Wade, they've effectively turned into the Pirates.
Too bad the Reds are getting so much better. Sucks.

In the East, I really wanted to pick against the Phils, just because it seems like such a gimme.
Then I remembered that they got Roy Halladay.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
DBacks/Cubs/Phillies.

Fuck you.
Yeah, I picked the Cubs too.
Hey, Soto's skinnier...that should be worth 5 wins right there.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Giants/Cubs/Braves
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
Rocks/Cubs/Braves

Yes, I voted for the Braves, in spite of the Phillies being a better team. Call it a hunch.
Awful lot of us picking the Cubs, given how few have anything positive to say about the team.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Rockies/Cards/Braves

I think the Rockies have the deepest team in the West, and could be the best in the NL with some luck, and the Dodgers don't impress me especially their rotation. The Giants still can't hit enough to support their elite pitching.

In the East, I think the Braves have the most balance and are an improved team up and down, and I have a feeling the Phillies will regress, even with Halladay on board. Their bullpen is kind of a mess, but they probably win the WC at the very least.

And as far as the Central goes, I just can't pick the Cubs, even in years when my gut tells me we'll be good it just is natural for me to expect the worst. I'm going with the safe pick, the Tardos.
Giants/Cards/Braves
<!--quoteo(post=85730:date=Apr 3 2010, 09:02 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 3 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rockies/Cards/Braves

I think the Rockies have the deepest team in the West, and could be the best in the NL with some luck, and the Dodgers don't impress me especially their rotation. The Giants still can't hit enough to support their elite pitching.

In the East, I think the Braves have the most balance and are an improved team up and down, and I have a feeling the Phillies will regress, even with Halladay on board. Their bullpen is kind of a mess, but they probably win the WC at the very least.

And as far as the Central goes, I just can't pick the Cubs, even in years when my gut tells me we'll be good it just is natural for me to expect the worst. I'm going with the safe pick, the Tardos.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm going to eat your dick like Kobiyashi...
Rockies. Cubs. Phils.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Rockies: Like them for the same reasons as rokko.

Cubs: I'm a homer and (for some reason) an optimist.

Phillies: I picked against them last year. I chose the Mets. Never again. I like the Braves as a dark horse team.

Wild Card: Probably the Braves or Fuckfish.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=85739:date=Apr 3 2010, 09:10 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 3 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rockies: Like them for the same reasons as rokko.

Cubs: I'm a homer and (for some reason) an optimist.

Phillies: I picked against them last year. I chose the Mets. Never again. I like the Braves as a dark horse team.

Wild Card: Probably the Braves or Fuckfish.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Take out my Cardinals pick and it's 11(Cardinals)/11(Cubs)? People are a bit too optimistic I guess, because there's no good reason to pick the Cubs over them at this moment. The Cubs are very capable of winning the division, but there's too many unknowns to feel very confident in saying they will right now.

Anyway... Cardinals, Dodgers, Phillies. Braves win the WC. The Cubs, Rockies, and Giants are in the mix all year for each the division and WC races.
@TheBlogfines