Sons of Ivy
National League Division Winner Predictions - Printable Version

+- Sons of Ivy (https://sonsofivy.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chicago Cubs (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Friendly Confines (https://sonsofivy.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: National League Division Winner Predictions (/thread-5513.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

National League Division Winner Predictions - biggz - 04-03-2010

Who you got?

National League Division Winner Predictions - Dave - 04-03-2010

Padres, Pirates, Nationals, Astros for the WC

National League Division Winner Predictions - kbwsb - 04-03-2010

It's comforting to know that since the Astros got Ed Wade, they've effectively turned into the Pirates.
Too bad the Reds are getting so much better. Sucks.

In the East, I really wanted to pick against the Phils, just because it seems like such a gimme.
Then I remembered that they got Roy Halladay.

National League Division Winner Predictions - jstraw - 04-03-2010

DBacks/Cubs/Phillies.

Fuck you.

National League Division Winner Predictions - kbwsb - 04-03-2010

Yeah, I picked the Cubs too.
Hey, Soto's skinnier...that should be worth 5 wins right there.

National League Division Winner Predictions - MW4 - 04-03-2010

Giants/Cubs/Braves

National League Division Winner Predictions - Dave - 04-03-2010

Rocks/Cubs/Braves

Yes, I voted for the Braves, in spite of the Phillies being a better team. Call it a hunch.

National League Division Winner Predictions - Andy - 04-03-2010

Awful lot of us picking the Cubs, given how few have anything positive to say about the team.

National League Division Winner Predictions - rok - 04-03-2010

Rockies/Cards/Braves

I think the Rockies have the deepest team in the West, and could be the best in the NL with some luck, and the Dodgers don't impress me especially their rotation. The Giants still can't hit enough to support their elite pitching.

In the East, I think the Braves have the most balance and are an improved team up and down, and I have a feeling the Phillies will regress, even with Halladay on board. Their bullpen is kind of a mess, but they probably win the WC at the very least.

And as far as the Central goes, I just can't pick the Cubs, even in years when my gut tells me we'll be good it just is natural for me to expect the worst. I'm going with the safe pick, the Tardos.

National League Division Winner Predictions - johnr42 - 04-03-2010

Giants/Cards/Braves

National League Division Winner Predictions - Rappster - 04-03-2010

<!--quoteo(post=85730:date=Apr 3 2010, 09:02 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 3 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rockies/Cards/Braves

I think the Rockies have the deepest team in the West, and could be the best in the NL with some luck, and the Dodgers don't impress me especially their rotation. The Giants still can't hit enough to support their elite pitching.

In the East, I think the Braves have the most balance and are an improved team up and down, and I have a feeling the Phillies will regress, even with Halladay on board. Their bullpen is kind of a mess, but they probably win the WC at the very least.

And as far as the Central goes, I just can't pick the Cubs, even in years when my gut tells me we'll be good it just is natural for me to expect the worst. I'm going with the safe pick, the Tardos.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm going to eat your dick like Kobiyashi...

National League Division Winner Predictions - Destined - 04-03-2010

Rockies. Cubs. Phils.

National League Division Winner Predictions - biggz - 04-04-2010

Rockies: Like them for the same reasons as rokko.

Cubs: I'm a homer and (for some reason) an optimist.

Phillies: I picked against them last year. I chose the Mets. Never again. I like the Braves as a dark horse team.

Wild Card: Probably the Braves or Fuckfish.

National League Division Winner Predictions - Destined - 04-04-2010

<!--quoteo(post=85739:date=Apr 3 2010, 09:10 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Apr 3 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rockies: Like them for the same reasons as rokko.

Cubs: I'm a homer and (for some reason) an optimist.

Phillies: I picked against them last year. I chose the Mets. Never again. I like the Braves as a dark horse team.

Wild Card: Probably the Braves or Fuckfish.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Exactly.

National League Division Winner Predictions - Clapp - 04-04-2010

Take out my Cardinals pick and it's 11(Cardinals)/11(Cubs)? People are a bit too optimistic I guess, because there's no good reason to pick the Cubs over them at this moment. The Cubs are very capable of winning the division, but there's too many unknowns to feel very confident in saying they will right now.

Anyway... Cardinals, Dodgers, Phillies. Braves win the WC. The Cubs, Rockies, and Giants are in the mix all year for each the division and WC races.