Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't look now...
im just glad lilly had agood start, unlike his last 2... he needs to keep his trade value up there...
<!--quoteo(post=105885:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:43 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hamels tomorrow and Halladay on Sunday should fix that.

But I agree. Short of a ridiculous winning streak, getting back to a few games under .500 would be far worse for our future than continuing to suck total ass.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If they're going to start playing well, it's better they do it now than in a week or 2. The trade deadline is 15 days away. If we win 11 or 12 games or so between now and then, then Hendry's decision gets tough. If not, we sell. There's no reason to rush to make a deal well in advance of the deadline.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=105904:date=Jul 16 2010, 07:07 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 16 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105885:date=Jul 16 2010, 05:43 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 16 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105883:date=Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 16 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This winning shit is probably a bad thing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hamels tomorrow and Halladay on Sunday should fix that.

But I agree. Short of a ridiculous winning streak, getting back to a few games under .500 would be far worse for our future than continuing to suck total ass.
If they're going to start playing well, it's better they do it now than in a week or 2. The trade deadline is 15 days away. If we win 11 or 12 games or so between now and then, then Hendry's decision gets tough. If not, we sell. There's no reason to rush to make a deal well in advance of the deadline.

This is what I'm saying - there's no time for the Cubs to "eventually" start sucking again. It's now or never.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I don't want the Cubs to make deals. I want them to win 15 games in a row and eventually win the division, and eventually the World series. That's what I want. Suck it.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=105929:date=Jul 17 2010, 07:42 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 17 2010, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't want the Cubs to make deals. I want them to win 15 games in a row and eventually win the division, and eventually the World series. That's what I want. Suck it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Amen.
Ditto. But in less they can win close to 15 games before the month ends, the only prudent thing to do is sell.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=106040:date=Jul 18 2010, 01:24 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 18 2010, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ditto. But in less they can win close to 15 games before the month ends, the only prudent thing to do is sell.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was being sarcastic. I must really be slipping.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=106053:date=Jul 18 2010, 02:12 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 18 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=106040:date=Jul 18 2010, 01:24 PM:name=Kid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 18 2010, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ditto. But in less they can win close to 15 games before the month ends, the only prudent thing to do is sell.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was being sarcastic. I must really be slipping.

Way too much Astroglide. A little friction is a good thing.
Don't look now but....I was looking at standings last night once I realized they were going to win that game, thinking, "damn, that's 3 of 4 from Philly, it has to count for something right?" Nope, still 9.5 back of first. I think the Cards have hit their skids and are back on track, and the Reds, well, I never expected them to be this good, so falling back to the pack wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt they slip too far, even with the Duster at the helm. So yeah, too little too late. I like winning games no doubt, but hopefully Hendry/Ricketts aren't caught by this with too much mesmiration and if there are good deals to be made, make 'em.

Will say this, if there ever was a last stand, it's this week. Houston at home and then the Cards. I am not expecting much, but if there was one little gasp left in this awful team, it needs to be this week.

I like Colvin and Castro up at the top, and for the sake of the future, keep them there for the rest of the season.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=106160:date=Jul 19 2010, 10:55 AM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Jul 19 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Don't look now but....I was looking at standings last night once I realized they were going to win that game, thinking, "damn, that's 3 of 4 from Philly, it has to count for something right?" Nope, still 9.5 back of first. I think the Cards have hit their skids and are back on track, and the Reds, well, I never expected them to be this good, so falling back to the pack wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt they slip too far, even with the Duster at the helm. So yeah, too little too late. I like winning games no doubt, but hopefully Hendry/Ricketts aren't caught by this with too much mesmiration and if there are good deals to be made, make 'em.

Will say this, if there ever was a last stand, it's this week. Houston at home and then the Cards. I am not expecting much, but if there was one little gasp left in this awful team, it needs to be this week.

I like Colvin and Castro up at the top, and for the sake of the future, keep them there for the rest of the season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't like them at the top from an OBP standpoint as both of them are pretty mediocre at getting on base but from a standpoint of getting them more ABs, I like it.
I think we need to sweep the Cards if we even want to pretend there's still a prayer.
<!--quoteo(post=106162:date=Jul 19 2010, 11:14 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 19 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think we need to sweep the Cards if we even want to pretend there's still a prayer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think we need to sweep the Cards because I hate them and want them to suffer.
<!--quoteo(post=106162:date=Jul 19 2010, 10:14 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 19 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think we need to sweep the Cards if we even want to pretend there's still a prayer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And we <i>should</i> have swept the Phillies too, but then Marmol happened.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost the next 2 series.
How about one game at a time.

I'm just hoping that the Cubs don't shit the bed against the Astros tonight.

The Astros are one of the worst teams in baseball and I don't believe the Cubs have a winning record against them. At least, they aren't facing Oswalt.

<!--quoteo(post=106164:date=Jul 19 2010, 10:34 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 19 2010, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=106162:date=Jul 19 2010, 10:14 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 19 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think we need to sweep the Cards if we even want to pretend there's still a prayer.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And we <i>should</i> have swept the Phillies too, but then Marmol happened.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost the next 2 series.

Or at least sweep the Ass Holes and then take 2 of 3 from St Louis, I would be happy with that. But, yeah, I am guessing the norm will happen tonight...fall on face, score no runs, lose like 2-0 or something.
Dylan McKay is my hero