Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs-Sox Week
<!--quoteo(post=47049:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just hope that makeup game never happens late in the season. I think I'd prefer AIDS to another crosstown game, especially if it is meaningful in any way.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I couldn't disagree more. I would love to be playing a meaningful game late this season- regardless of the opponent.
<!--quoteo(post=47050:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:43 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 29 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47049:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just hope that makeup game never happens late in the season. I think I'd prefer AIDS to another crosstown game, especially if it is meaningful in any way.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I couldn't disagree more. I would love to be playing a meaningful game late this season- regardless of the opponent.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why does it have to be a meanigful one game against the Sox though? We could be 4-5 games up in the division and the game wouldn't have to be played. Or in a worst case scenario, it could be a meaningful game only for the Sox and not for us. I don't want either team to be responsible for deciding whether the other makes the playoffs or not. It would be absolute hell either way. What am I missing?
The game is going to be played regardless. The Cubs wouldn't want to refund all the ticket money and stand to make a fortune in concessions should the game be held.
<!--quoteo(post=47053:date=Jun 29 2009, 02:10 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47050:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:43 PM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 29 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47049:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just hope that makeup game never happens late in the season. I think I'd prefer AIDS to another crosstown game, especially if it is meaningful in any way.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why does it have to be a meanigful one game against the Sox though? We could be 4-5 games up in the division and the game wouldn't have to be played. Or in a worst case scenario, it could be a meaningful game only for the Sox and not for us. I don't want either team to be responsible for deciding whether the other makes the playoffs or not. It would be absolute hell either way. What am I missing?

If it matters to the Sox but not us, I don't consider it meaningful.

If it's meaningful, that means the Cubs are least in a position to make the playoffs. As of today, I'm not opimistic about that, so I would take that scenario in a heartbeat.

And if the Cubs are playing better by then, I would like our chances against the Sox at home.
<!--quoteo(post=47057:date=Jun 29 2009, 02:47 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 29 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47053:date=Jun 29 2009, 02:10 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47050:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:43 PM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 29 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47049:date=Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 29 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just hope that makeup game never happens late in the season. I think I'd prefer AIDS to another crosstown game, especially if it is meaningful in any way.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it matters to the Sox but not us, I don't consider it meaningful.

If it's meaningful, that means the Cubs are least in a position to make the playoffs. As of today, I'm not opimistic about that, so I would take that scenario in a heartbeat.

And if the Cubs are playing better by then, I would like our chances against the Sox at home.
And as I said, we could be playing great by then, running away with the division and the game would then be meaningless. If it's meaningless for them and not us, I won't like that either.

I'm still rooting for it to be a meaningless game.
If we are playing good, I would love to play the Sox and shut them up. If we are out of it, I won't care one way or the other what happens in that game.
<!--quoteo(post=47060:date=Jun 29 2009, 03:03 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jun 29 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we are playing good, I would love to play the Sox and shut them up. If we are out of it, I won't care one way or the other what happens in that game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what I'm talking about.
That game is being played no matter what. No way the Cubs/White Sox/MLB are going to miss out on that money.
<!--quoteo(post=47101:date=Jun 29 2009, 05:21 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jun 29 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That game is being played no matter what. No way the Cubs/White Sox/MLB are going to miss out on that money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yup. Which is also why this retarded crosstown shit is going to go on forever.
<!--quoteo(post=46998:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:51 AM:name=hPOD)-->QUOTE (hPOD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->You think Ozzie just came up with that? I've been hearing that bullshit forever. Fuck I remember Mike North saying the same shit years ago and all the amen sox fans calling in to voice their fucking agreement.

Dicklayer?

Amateur<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're right, it was amateur, just like you were to me. I'm sorry I stooped to your level in my defense. So far, aside from you and Ruby, everyone else has been relatively nice to me here, which is what I expected as I bet most of you are really nice people in real life.

And I don't care how Ozzie came up with it, I'm NOT Ozzie, and I'm not Mike North, either. And I sure as hell wasn't one of those Sox fans calling in to voice their agreement.

I find that mentality to be ridiculously lame.

hey cock smooch, you can add me to the list too. i'm willing to bet that there isn't a single cub fan on this site that visited a white sox board after we won the first game of the series. i bet none of us have ever been on a white sox board, or at least not in many years. so why are you here? to start shit. you're ridiculously lame. flake off.
Wang.
The money has little to do with why the game is absolutely going to be played. The only time games aren't made up are when they have no significance in the standings at all. By September 3, nothing is going to be decided, so the game is going to happen.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=47107:date=Jun 29 2009, 05:39 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 29 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The money has little to do with why the game is absolutely going to be played. The only time games aren't made up are when they have no significance in the standings at all. By September 3, nothing is going to be decided, so the game is going to happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are correct about everything you said... but you are wrong about the money. Even if both teams are out of it which is very possible they are still going to play that game. No way in hell the Cubs miss out on that ticket. Outside of the Yankees/Mets this is the MLB's biggest interleague game.
<!--quoteo(post=47112:date=Jun 29 2009, 06:21 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jun 29 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47107:date=Jun 29 2009, 05:39 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 29 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The money has little to do with why the game is absolutely going to be played. The only time games aren't made up are when they have no significance in the standings at all. By September 3, nothing is going to be decided, so the game is going to happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are correct about everything you said... but you are wrong about the money. Even if both teams are out of it which is very possible they are still going to play that game. No way in hell the Cubs miss out on that ticket. Outside of the Yankees/Mets this is the MLB's biggest interleague game.
But my point is both teams aren't going to be mathematically out of it by September 3, so money is never going to come into play because the game is going to be played anyway.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
<!--quoteo(post=47115:date=Jun 29 2009, 06:28 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 29 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47112:date=Jun 29 2009, 06:21 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jun 29 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=47107:date=Jun 29 2009, 05:39 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 29 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The money has little to do with why the game is absolutely going to be played. The only time games aren't made up are when they have no significance in the standings at all. By September 3, nothing is going to be decided, so the game is going to happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But my point is both teams aren't going to be mathematically out of it by September 3, so money is never going to come into play because the game is going to be played anyway.

Yeah I get that and I agree that both teams will be in it. My point is even if both teams were out of it... that game is being played anyway.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->hey cock smooch, you can add me to the list too. i'm willing to bet that there isn't a single cub fan on this site that visited a white sox board after we won the first game of the series. i bet none of us have ever been on a white sox board, or at least not in many years. so why are you here? to start shit. you're ridiculously lame. flake off.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This disappoints me, as I expected something far wittier, not to mention funnier than this considering the source.

This isn't about Cubs boards or Sox boards to me, I made my position clear when I first arrived as to why I'm here. It's this same reason I dislike most Sox boards -- this group think mentality where outside thoughts, ideas, or opinions are bad. If I wanted everyone to agree with me, I'd do nothing but post on Sox boards and I'd never get that outside perspective I'm looking for. This thread is a perfect example as to why I come here to read what you post from time to time -- there is no way I'd get these types of honest opinions from a bunch of Sox fans.

I like to hear outside thoughts and opinions, even if I don't agree with them. If you don't want me here, or anyone like me here, than make the board private again. Otherwise, deal with the fact you've gone public.

And for the record, with Ozzie *still* going on about this, it's obvious that some of you were onto something, as even I'll admit that the time for this has passed -- there was no reason for him to say more than he already had considering the series was long over.

[Image: meetings.jpg]