Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2009 Chicago Cubs
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Now the reports are that the Cubs need to dump salary just to get Bradley.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

From Miles...
WTF? I'm sick of the contradicting reports.Its very aggravating to the fan who tries to keep track of everything.

I need to quit caring so much...this shit is gonna kill me.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
What the fuck? How much is Bradley going to cost?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=4345:date=Dec 12 2008, 07:12 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What the fuck? How much is Bradley going to cost?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I had thought he was gonna be 10 million per until that 7 million report somebody brought up. I figured he'd be getting what Ibanez is though.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=4349:date=Dec 12 2008, 07:18 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 12 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4345:date=Dec 12 2008, 07:12 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What the fuck? How much is Bradley going to cost?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I had thought he was gonna be 10 million per until that 7 million report somebody brought up. I figured he'd be getting what Ibanez is though.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->mlbtraderumors had him looking for at least 4/45<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which isnt realistic and hard to believe in the first place. But it still makes me wonder why Bruce Miles would say that the Cubs need to dump salary just to get Bradley. Doesnt add up. I dont know what to believe anymore.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
I'll eat my own nuggets if Bradley gets more money from an NL team than Ibanez.
If something is happening, Miles is usually the last person to know. I'm not sure he's ever broke a story or had any type of inside information period. NSBB worships him, but he's worthless.
<!--quoteo(post=4358:date=Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If something is happening, Miles is usually the last person to know. I'm not sure he's ever broke a story or had any type of inside information period. NSBB worships him, but he's worthless.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I know that but it still makes a guy wonder WTF. I swore off NSBB 5 years ago.

<!--quoteo(post=4344:date=Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->From Miles...
WTF? I'm sick of the contradicting reports.Its very aggravating to the fan who tries to keep track of everything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At this point, they're just saying anything to fill a story with content. Next we're going to be hearing about what flavor of jelly Hendry spread on his toast this morning.
<!--quoteo(post=4362:date=Dec 12 2008, 09:04 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4344:date=Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM:name=Captain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->From Miles...
WTF? I'm sick of the contradicting reports.Its very aggravating to the fan who tries to keep track of everything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At this point, they're just saying anything to fill a story with content. Next we're going to be hearing about what flavor of jelly Hendry spread on his toast this morning.

If it's not fucking raspberry, I'm gonna lose my fucking shit.
<!--quoteo(post=4362:date=Dec 12 2008, 08:04 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Dec 12 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4344:date=Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM:name=Captain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 12 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->From Miles...

I'm well aware of that also as this isnt my first rodeo.I am just sick of the contradicting reports. Treat the knowledgeable fans with respect and give 'em the truth. I should know enough after all these years that it doesnt work that way.
Still pisses a guy off.

Takashi Saito was non tendered. Wishful thinking has me wanting him as a 7th inning guy but I have no idea how much he wants.

<!--quoteo(post=4384:date=Dec 12 2008, 08:38 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 12 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Takashi Saito was non tendered. Wishful thinking has me wanting him as a 7th inning guy but I have no idea how much he wants.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He has elbow problems and is almost 40.
<!--quoteo(post=4353:date=Dec 12 2008, 07:51 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 12 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'll eat my own nuggets if Bradley gets more money from an NL team than Ibanez.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Your nuggnuts? And, yeah, I don't see Bradley getting more years than Ibanez.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

How did I spell Gaudin's name wrong and not one person called me out on it?
I see where other people said they read that from the Muskrat but I can't find where Miles actually said that on NSBB.