Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2009 Chicago Cubs
<!--quoteo(post=3132:date=Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if anyone can confirm it but some poster says Levine said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley take a 2-3 year deal worth $7-10 million a year with the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Woah . . . if that's the case, it needs to happen now.
<!--quoteo(post=3132:date=Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if anyone can confirm it but some poster says Levine said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley take a 2-3 year deal worth $7-10 million a year with the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes please.

<!--quoteo(post=246:date=Dec 1 2008, 09:39 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 1 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Catchers
Soto
Hill<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm hoping to see Blanco again this year. He's a solid backup guy.
<!--quoteo(post=3196:date=Dec 9 2008, 09:39 PM:name=jeffy777)-->QUOTE (jeffy777 @ Dec 9 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=246:date=Dec 1 2008, 09:39 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 1 2008, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Catchers
Soto
Hill<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm hoping to see Blanco again this year. He's a solid backup guy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Bingo Jeffy. He's maybe the best of backup guys and if we could have him for under 2 million dollars, it should be done.
@TheBlogfines
Keep in mind, this is from the Muskrat.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are doing their homework in trying to determine whether free-agent outfielder Milton Bradley would be a good fit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Rangers manager Ron Washington confirmed Tuesday that Cubs personnel had contacted him regarding Bradley, who is believed to be seeking a multiyear deal. Cubs hitting coach Gerald Perry worked with Bradley when the two were together in Oakland and is familiar with the outfielder, who led the American League in on-base percentage (.436) this season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs general Manager Jim Hendry had a meeting this afternoon with Seth Levinson, who represents free agent outfielders Milton Bradley and Raul Ibanez. At a lunch today with other big league managers, Lou Piniella told me that the Cubs will get a left-handed hitter for the lineup within the next couple of days. Bradley is a switch hitter who was mostly a DH in 2008. Ibanez is a left-handed hitter but has played mostly left field. Bradley would be more suited to be a right fielder for the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link.
Jesse Rogers says we're preferring Bradley, then Ibanez.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=3485:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:09 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 10 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jesse Rogers says we're preferring Bradley, then Ibanez.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would prefer Abreu over both of them.
[Image: lou.jpg]
If Bradley can keep his head on straight I would take him over about anyone out there. The guy can flat out rake.
<!--quoteo(post=3498:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:32 PM:name=cigar)-->QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 10 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If Bradley can keep his head on straight I would take him over about anyone out there. The guy can flat out rake.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And if he can stay healthy. We'll definitely love him when he's playing though.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=3501:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:35 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 10 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3498:date=Dec 10 2008, 06:32 PM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 10 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If Bradley can keep his head on straight I would take him over about anyone out there. The guy can flat out rake.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And if he can stay healthy. We'll definitely love him when he's playing though.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No doubt about it.
1. Abreu
2. Bradley
3. Ibanez
4. Pumpernickel
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Abreu will cost more with roughly the same (if not as much) production.

At this point...I'll be happy to get ANY of the top 3 or 4 mentioned.
Screw the pooch long enough and we'll be left with shit.
Sign one of them now and move on. I think waiting is only going to hurt the big picture and Hendry is left standing there with his dick is in hand.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=3513:date=Dec 10 2008, 07:01 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Dec 10 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Abreu will cost more with roughly the same (if not as much) production.

At this point...I'll be happy to get ANY of the top 3 or 4 mentioned.
Screw the pooch long enough and we'll be left with shit.
Sign one of them now and move on. I think waiting is only going to hurt the big picture and Hendry is left standing there with his dick is in hand.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Agreed Cap. And yeah it sounds like Abreu's going to be the most expensive. I don't think it would be possible to get Peavy and Abreu. I like that Lou said we'll get this done in the next couple days.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs general Manager Jim Hendry had a meeting this afternoon with Seth Levinson, who represents free agent outfielders Milton Bradley and Raul Ibanez. At a lunch today with other big league managers, Lou Piniella told me that the Cubs will get a left-handed hitter for the lineup within the next couple of days. Bradley is a switch hitter who was mostly a DH in 2008. Ibanez is a left-handed hitter but has played mostly left field. Bradley would be more suited to be a right fielder for the Cubs.

Through baseball sources I've been able to find out that Bradley has already been looked at by Cubs trainers during the last month.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Per Levine.Sorry if its been posted,didnt see it anywhere.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
Kaplan said on Tribune Live tonight that he talked to a manager and asked "who would you take Milton Bradley or Bobby Abreu?" The manager said "no question about it, Milton Bradley." Apparently the manager has talked around and guys that have played with him have said he's a great teammate and everyone loves to play with him.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk