Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2009 Chicago Cubs
<!--quoteo(post=2553:date=Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->7:24pm: The Cubs met with Bradley last night, according to ESPN Deportes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How the hell does Deportes find that out, but not regular ESPN or anything [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Say we don't get a LH outfielder to start the year. Who are some guys that might be available by the trade deadline?
<!--quoteo(post=2584:date=Dec 8 2008, 09:46 PM:name=CFOrfan)-->QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Dec 8 2008, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2553:date=Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->7:24pm: The Cubs met with Bradley last night, according to ESPN Deportes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How the hell does Deportes find that out, but not regular ESPN or anything [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
It was probably Eric Young reporting it and they just credit him for doing it in another language now.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=2616:date=Dec 8 2008, 09:59 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 8 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2584:date=Dec 8 2008, 09:46 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Dec 8 2008, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2553:date=Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->7:24pm: The Cubs met with Bradley last night, according to ESPN Deportes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It was probably Eric Young reporting it and they just credit him for doing it in another language now.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=2616:date=Dec 8 2008, 10:59 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 8 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2584:date=Dec 8 2008, 09:46 PM:name=CFOrfan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CFOrfan @ Dec 8 2008, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2553:date=Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 8 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->7:24pm: The Cubs met with Bradley last night, according to ESPN Deportes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Well done!
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Phils, Mets, Cubs going after Ibanez

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Jayson Stark
The Phillies, Mets and Cubs appear to have separated themselves from the pack of teams pursuing outfielder Raul Ibanez. Ibanez also is on the radar screen of the Braves and Angels. But the Braves have their pursuit of all their outfield options on hold until they find out whether they can sign pitcher A.J. Burnett. And the Angels would pursue Ibanez only if they fail to land their primary offensive target, Mark Teixeira.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
My money is on us getting Bradley. It's not the choice I'd like us to make, but that's the one I see as being the most likely. Just wait till he gets booed a few times at Wrigley. Should be real interesting. I'd rather us not screw up our team chemistry.
Who's your daddy?
Sounds like the Rockies have some interest in Hank White.
I don't know if anyone can confirm it but some poster says Levine said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley take a 2-3 year deal worth $7-10 million a year with the Cubs.
<!--quoteo(post=3132:date=Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if anyone can confirm it but some poster says Levine said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley take a 2-3 year deal worth $7-10 million a year with the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, he did say that. It was on the Baseball Tonight Winter Meetings special earlier.
<!--quoteo(post=3132:date=Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 9 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if anyone can confirm it but some poster says Levine said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley take a 2-3 year deal worth $7-10 million a year with the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sign me the fuck up.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
That would kick ass. I'm still holding out hope for Ibanez, but a deal for Bradley at that rate would be a bargain.
<!--quoteo(post=3132:date=Dec 9 2008, 08:10 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 9 2008, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't know if anyone can confirm it but some poster says Levine said that he wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley take a 2-3 year deal worth $7-10 million a year with the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I could see that happening easily. He knows that he's not portrayed well and that he hasn't been in a huge baseball market besides a brief stint with the Dodgers. If he gets in the lime light with the Cubs and shows he's a healthy and decent human being, he'll be getting a nice last pay day after his stint with us.
I'd be fine with it. It'll be either great or awful. I'm not expecting us to win anything anytime soon anyway so I'll take the gamble. I'd still much rather just go safe with Ibanez if he can be had at 10 million or less, but am fine with Charles Manson.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=3146:date=Dec 9 2008, 07:35 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 9 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd be fine with it. It'll be either great or awful. I'm not expecting us to win anything anytime soon anyway so I'll take the gamble. I'd still much rather just go safe with Ibanez if he can be had at 10 million or less, but am fine with Charles Manson.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->YOU CALL HIM CHARLES MANSON MAKE PEOPLE REAL MAD DON'T YOU KNOW BIG FUCKING MAN!<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec--> <!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->