Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2009 Chicago Cubs
<!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'd throw a jello pool party at my house if that happened.
<!--quoteo(post=2373:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That doesn't sound very appealing. Will your 20 wives be there?
<!--quoteo(post=2375:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2373:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
rok -- that's the first time you stooped to their level with that kind of joke. I expected more from you.

I guess I had you all wrong...
Ibanez, Peavy and keeping Dempster will prove once again that Hendry is a genius.
Ibanez is a great clubhouse guy along with Dempster and they boost chemistry. Peavy is a prick, but has that nasty sinker built for Wrigley.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/asshole.gif[/img] <!--quoteo(post=2375:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2373:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Speak for yourself. You know Rapp's going to show up with a giant spoon in hand and wearing a bib and speedo.
<!--quoteo(post=2376:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:52 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2375:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2373:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
rok -- that's the first time you stooped to their level with that kind of joke. I expected more from you.

I guess I had you all wrong...
I am a little giddy from the site opening up and from some turmoil here at work.

I still would like to attend your Marquis send-off shindig though if you will forgive me. I'll bring enough Manischewitz for everyone.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Jayson Stark says Ibanez and Abreu rank much higher than Adam Dunn and Bradley on the Cubs' list. They've checked in on all four free agents. As for Hermida, the Marlins want more than just prospects and the Cubs may not be able to do that. Stark adds that the Cubs' payroll is not frozen - they can temporarily go over budget assuming they can subtract payroll later.

On a related note, <b>Stark talked to a source who described interest in Jason Marquis as not even in nibble form yet.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Bruce Miles of the Daily Herald adds more Cubs nuggets. The Cubs are not looking to trade Mike Fontenot. <b>However Ronny Cedeno is available and could even be a non-tender candidate if the Cubs can't find a match</b>.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=2377:date=Dec 8 2008, 03:52 PM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 8 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Ibanez, Peavy and keeping Dempster will prove once again that Hendry is a genius.
Ibanez is a great clubhouse guy along with Dempster and they boost chemistry. Peavy is a prick, but has that nasty sinker built for Wrigley.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You and I are on the same page.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=2378:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:54 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/asshole.gif[/img] <!--quoteo(post=2375:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 8 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2373:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 8 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Speak for yourself. You know Rapp's going to show up with a giant spoon in hand and wearing a bib and speedo.

Count on it, farmhand...
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->5:06pm: Cubs manager Lou Piniella asked Seattle reporters today whether Ibanez can play right field.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->5:33pm: Roch Kubatko says the O's are still interested in Pie, but may only get him for Olson straight up if Olson is to be flipped to San Diego in a Peavy trade.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I understand the salary constraints that Hendry is operating under and some pieces need to get moved if we are to get Peavy. But, does anyone else worry that if we move Marshall in the deal to get Peavy and then also move Marquis to clear up the salary that we are setting ourselves up for disaster with rotation depth? I think it can be assumed that Harden will either be on the DL at some point this year or have starts skipped occasionally, Peavy had some arm issues last year, and Z had his moments also. What do we have to put in the rotation if we move Marquis and Marshall?
<!--quoteo(post=2522:date=Dec 8 2008, 06:09 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 8 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I understand the salary constraints that Hendry is operating under and some pieces need to get moved if we are to get Peavy. But, does anyone else worry that if we move Marshall in the deal to get Peavy and then also move Marquis to clear up the salary that we are setting ourselves up for disaster with rotation depth? I think it can be assumed that Harden will either be on the DL at some point this year or have starts skipped occasionally, Peavy had some arm issues last year, and Z had his moments also. What do we have to put in the rotation if we move Marquis and Marshall?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's the point I keep making. We need 6 starters big time. They're not going to let Harden go into October at less than 100%. I won't be surprised if they just put him on the shelf for the first half of the season, regardless of health. I'm dead serious. At best, they'll pitch him 3-4 times a month.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=2529:date=Dec 8 2008, 06:26 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 8 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2522:date=Dec 8 2008, 06:09 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 8 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I understand the salary constraints that Hendry is operating under and some pieces need to get moved if we are to get Peavy. But, does anyone else worry that if we move Marshall in the deal to get Peavy and then also move Marquis to clear up the salary that we are setting ourselves up for disaster with rotation depth? I think it can be assumed that Harden will either be on the DL at some point this year or have starts skipped occasionally, Peavy had some arm issues last year, and Z had his moments also. What do we have to put in the rotation if we move Marquis and Marshall?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's the point I keep making. We need 6 starters big time. They're not going to let Harden go into October at less than 100%. I won't be surprised if they just put him on the shelf for the first half of the season, regardless of health. I'm dead serious. At best, they'll pitch him 3-4 times a month.

He'll pitch every 5 or 6 days... until he gets hurt.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->7:24pm: The Cubs met with Bradley last night, according to ESPN Deportes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

- Butcher