Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your 2009 Chicago Cubs
<!--quoteo(post=1776:date=Dec 6 2008, 12:26 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 6 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1751:date=Dec 6 2008, 04:10 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 6 2008, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1747:date=Dec 6 2008, 02:55 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 6 2008, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Knowing Scarey personally, I think he's identifying with Bradley. I really do think Scarey would do everything and more that Bradley had done. He's justifying it because he's trying to make himself feel better about being a nutbar. :-)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Blow me.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Never. Unless it was covered in chocolate and you payed me $20.

The going rate is $50... and you have to pay ME.
Is Felipe Lopez still a free agent?
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=1794:date=Dec 6 2008, 03:24 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 6 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1776:date=Dec 6 2008, 12:26 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 6 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1751:date=Dec 6 2008, 04:10 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 6 2008, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1747:date=Dec 6 2008, 02:55 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 6 2008, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Knowing Scarey personally, I think he's identifying with Bradley. I really do think Scarey would do everything and more that Bradley had done. He's justifying it because he's trying to make himself feel better about being a nutbar. :-)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Blow me.
Never. Unless it was covered in chocolate and you payed me $20.

The going rate is $50... and you have to pay ME.
He speaks the truth, Jumper Cables
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Lots of guessing surrounds Cubs at winter meetings
Ace Peavy, leadoff man also could be on radar

By Paul Sullivan | Tribune reporter
4:11 PM CST, December 6, 2008

The only clue Jim Hendry has revealed about his Las Vegas game plan is the well-known fact that the Cubs are searching for a left-handed hitter, preferably for right field.

When it comes to Jake Peavy and a leadoff man, the guessing game takes over.

But as the 2008 winter meetings convene Monday, the only thing for certain is that the general manager is willing to wait for the right left-handed hitter instead of diving in with his wallet wide open, as he memorably did during the winter of 2006.

"We certainly don't feel we're limited in what we have to do," Hendry said. "We're blessed that we don't need five new guys, like we did two years ago. We just need to make a good decision here or there … get creative to move something and get something else."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Link
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are eyeing Rich Aurilia, but only if they happen to move Ronny Cedeno or Mike Fontenot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Wittenmyer says Jeremy Hermida is high on the Cubs' list (they're not alone). They're also eyeing free agent Milton Bradley, who declined the Rangers' offer of arbitration last night. Manager Lou Piniella likes Raul Ibanez, and Wittenmyer likes Bobby Abreu. The Cubs are still fond of Brian Roberts. They also might consider acquiring a shortstop, which would create a surplus at second base.

The Cubs discussed Khalil Greene with the Padres before he was sent to St. Louis, even though Greene bats from the right side.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are eyeing Rich Aurilia, but only if they happen to move Ronny Cedeno or Mike Fontenot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=2130:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:00 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 8 2008, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Cubs are eyeing Rich Aurilia, but only if they happen to move Ronny Cedeno or Mike Fontenot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Any chance Aurilia <i>may</i> have been on some form of performance enhancing drugs? Check out his pre and post homerun totals surrounding 2001.

[Image: aurelia.jpg]
I got nothin'.

Andy
rich aurilia is definitely on my steroid list.
Wang.
Obviously, if we lose Fontenot and add Aurilia, it will be a step down, but I don't see how losing Cedeno and adding Aurilia is a downgrade. Cedeno is lowsy in almost every aspect, but hey, at least he can play both middle IF positions and is athletic.

Still, this would be a strange move.
<!--quoteo(post=2142:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:55 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 8 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Obviously, if we lose Fontenot and add Aurilia, it will be a step down, but I don't see how losing Cedeno and adding Aurilia is a downgrade. Cedeno is lowsy in almost every aspect, but hey, at least he can play both middle IF positions and is athletic.

Still, this would be a strange move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But in either of those scenarios we still have Theriot and DeRosa, so unless Aurillia is serving a utility role, I don't get it.
<!--quoteo(post=2143:date=Dec 8 2008, 09:00 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 8 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2142:date=Dec 8 2008, 08:55 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 8 2008, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Obviously, if we lose Fontenot and add Aurilia, it will be a step down, but I don't see how losing Cedeno and adding Aurilia is a downgrade. Cedeno is lowsy in almost every aspect, but hey, at least he can play both middle IF positions and is athletic.

Still, this would be a strange move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But in either of those scenarios we still have Theriot and DeRosa, so unless Aurillia is serving a utility role, I don't get it.
Yeah, it depends on how much we'd be paying him. I've never been a fan of his as an everyday player, so yeah, this would be beyond odd. Let's just hope that Fontenot is not shopped. We can always replace Cedeno with another scrub SS though.
Stark says the Cubs like Ibanez and Abreu more than Bradley and Dunn.
Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.
<!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If true, I expect Peavy to be acquired this week.
<!--quoteo(post=2366:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:41 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 8 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2361:date=Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 8 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently Levine reported today that he expects Marquis to be dealt this week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If true, I expect Peavy to be acquired this week.

Yeah, that definitely seems to imply they're freeing money and opening a SP roster spot. Hopefully that's what he's doing.
I got nothin'.

Andy