Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marshall and Fontenot
<!--quoteo(post=762:date=Dec 2 2008, 01:17 PM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Dec 2 2008, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I did<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You sucked on them shits, didn't you?
<!--quoteo(post=768:date=Dec 2 2008, 01:24 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 2 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=762:date=Dec 2 2008, 01:17 PM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Dec 2 2008, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I did<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You sucked on them shits, didn't you?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I did. I can't resist sucking on some almond titties.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=716:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:31 AM:name=coolpoppa)-->QUOTE (coolpoppa @ Dec 2 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=714:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:30 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 2 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm not a huge fan of it, but Soy milk ain't so bad, especially the vanilla kind.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Vanilla kind?

All I know is whatever I had, was overly sweet and didn't taste much like milk at all.
It was most likely the vanilla flavor. Again, I prefer real milk, but most of the soy milk I've had is acceptable as a milk substitute except in coffee. Now rice milk, that's just wrong.
<!--quoteo(post=579:date=Dec 2 2008, 07:38 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 2 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I keep reading that they are not going to be traded, and the Cubs haven't even considered trading them. That raises two questions in my mind:

1.) Is that just puffery? After all, these guys are technically spare parts at the moment. I love both of them, but they're spare parts.

2.) Would you guys hold onto them no matter what?

Like I said, I think they're hugely valuable, but if they are a necessary part of a deal for Peavy or a bat, it has to be done.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The problem this creates though is to get Peavy you then have to trade Marquis(what we've been told anyway with our budget), so we would be -1 in our starting pitching depth with Marshall and Marquis gone. And that's a big deal, because Harden won't be starting every 5th day, even if he's 100% healthy, the Cubs won't allow it. So 6 starting pitchers is a necessity, and I think they really want to keep Shark and Gaudin in the pen.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=776:date=Dec 2 2008, 01:47 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 2 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=579:date=Dec 2 2008, 07:38 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 2 2008, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So I keep reading that they are not going to be traded, and the Cubs haven't even considered trading them. That raises two questions in my mind:

1.) Is that just puffery? After all, these guys are technically spare parts at the moment. I love both of them, but they're spare parts.

2.) Would you guys hold onto them no matter what?

Like I said, I think they're hugely valuable, but if they are a necessary part of a deal for Peavy or a bat, it has to be done.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The problem this creates though is to get Peavy you then have to trade Marquis(what we've been told anyway with our budget), so we would be -1 in our starting pitching depth with Marshall and Marquis gone. And that's a big deal, because Harden won't be starting every 5th day, even if he's 100% healthy, the Cubs won't allow it. So 6 starting pitchers is a necessity, and I think they really want to keep Shark and Gaudin in the pen.

true, but nothing tastes better than good old fashioned 2% milk.

oh, and no one is inexpendable, especially a 6th starter and a backup infielder.
Wang.
With the budget constraints that we are now facing it appears to me that players like Marshall and Fontenot are more valuable to us than ever before. They are productive big league players who if given a chance could reasonably be expected perform in an increased role with the club, while filling specialty roles (very well)on a division winning club. The cost of replacing them has to be factored into how willing we are to ship them out.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=842:date=Dec 2 2008, 05:13 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Dec 2 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->With the budget constraints that we are now facing it appears to me that players like Marshall and Fontenot are more valuable to us than ever before. They are productive big league players who if given a chance could reasonably be expected perform in an increased role with the club, while filling specialty roles (very well)on a division winning club. The cost of replacing them has to be factored into how willing we are to ship them out.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep.
@TheBlogfines
Silk Chocolate soymilk is very good. I don't like any other soymilk. Plain rice milk isn't bad. If you drink too much soymilk, you will grow teats though. And then you don't need to buy milk, you can just drink your own.

I'd like to keep Fontenot. Marshall...whatever.