Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasper Extended through 2011
Haters
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
I think Len and Bob are pretty damn good together and am glad to have them. Oh.. I also think Brenly can be pretty damn funny as well.
Bob has grown on me, I couldn't stand him at first since he made excuses when we sucked and always acted like Sally Sunshine, but he has changed some, he speaks out a lot more, gets mad during bad calls and dumb decisions, etc.

The part of Bob that still drives me nuts though are his stories and jokes, especially since he says the same things over and over, it gets pretty annoying hearing the same thing 50 times all year, I don't think he is funny at all. I also got sick of him talking about his son and how nice the people of Idaho were to him, over and over and over the 2nd half of the season. I know he is just trying to use what voice he has to be a good father but he doesn't need to do it 20 times.

I do agree he is a pretty good analyst though, and anticipates pitches and strategy really well.
<!--quoteo(post=1847:date=Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1834:date=Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys do realize that half the time that Bob talks about his teams or time in the majors it is because Len has asked him about it correct? You guys like Len but hate Bob when Len is the one that has started the stuff you hate more than half the time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The only people here that hate Brenly are the ones that predetermined that they were gonna hate him, just sayin'.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You know what ruby? I couldn't have said it better myself.
I also find it funny that people complain about Brenly's stories and jokes and whatnot . . . these are the same people that think Harry was a god. At the end, Harry was infinitely worse than Brenly is, infinitely. In fact, I don't even remember Harry not sucking.
Brenly is ok. I'm pretty happy with Len!
<!--quoteo(post=1886:date=Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I also find it funny that people complain about Brenly's stories and jokes and whatnot . . . these are the same people that think Harry was a god. At the end, Harry was infinitely worse than Brenly is, infinitely. In fact, I don't even remember Harry not sucking.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You are probably too young to remember how good he was in the 80s. I agree he sucked toward the end of his career, but the man was ancient at that point. Also, Stone made him even better. No way the Kasper/Brenly team comes even close to Caray/Stone team in their prime. No contest.
<!--quoteo(post=1999:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:15 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 7 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1886:date=Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I also find it funny that people complain about Brenly's stories and jokes and whatnot . . . these are the same people that think Harry was a god. At the end, Harry was infinitely worse than Brenly is, infinitely. In fact, I don't even remember Harry not sucking.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You are probably too young to remember how good he was in the 80s. I agree he sucked toward the end of his career, but the man was ancient at that point. Also, Stone made him even better. No way the Kasper/Brenly team comes even close to Caray/Stone team in their prime. No contest.
At no point in my life do I remember Harry being anything but a sideshow, I can remember from about 86 to the present time. Without a doubt in my mind, the current combo is the best to listen to in the 20+ years I can remember watching the Cubs.
<!--quoteo(post=2001:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:20 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 7 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1999:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:15 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 7 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1886:date=Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I also find it funny that people complain about Brenly's stories and jokes and whatnot . . . these are the same people that think Harry was a god. At the end, Harry was infinitely worse than Brenly is, infinitely. In fact, I don't even remember Harry not sucking.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
At no point in my life do I remember Harry being anything but a sideshow, I can remember from about 86 to the present time. Without a doubt in my mind, the current combo is the best to listen to in the 20+ years I can remember watching the Cubs.
The current team is decent, probably one of the best around today, but still nowhere near as good as some that we've had in the past. 99% of baseball broadcast teams today are really horrid, so I think people's standards have gone down a LOT.
<!--quoteo(post=2004:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:24 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 7 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2001:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:20 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 7 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1999:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:15 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 7 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1886:date=Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 7 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I also find it funny that people complain about Brenly's stories and jokes and whatnot . . . these are the same people that think Harry was a god. At the end, Harry was infinitely worse than Brenly is, infinitely. In fact, I don't even remember Harry not sucking.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The current team is decent, probably one of the best around today, but still nowhere near as good as some that we've had in the past. 99% of baseball broadcast teams today are really horrid, so I think people's standards have gone down a LOT.
Meh. IMO, I think alot of people like to pretend that some of the old announcers were better than today's standards. The only reason why there's some worse announcers now is because every game is being broadcast by 4 or more crews. During a full day of games, theres probably over 60 broadcasts between TV and radio. The guys that are good now are just as good as the guys announcing 40 or 60 years ago. The problem is, that with so many different broadcast teams, there's gonna end up being more bad ones.
harry was a sideshow? yep, best sideshow ever. when the cubs were losing 90 games every year it was fucking great having harry there. he was the best. no doubt about it. i cried when he died. i won't cry when brenley dies.
Wang.
Who gives a shit about the announcers?
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=2015:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:48 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 7 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who gives a shit about the announcers?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When I watch every game all season I kind of want some guys I can enjoy listening to. So I guess I do.
<!--quoteo(post=2019:date=Dec 7 2008, 04:05 PM:name=cigar)-->QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 7 2008, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2015:date=Dec 7 2008, 03:48 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Dec 7 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Who gives a shit about the announcers?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When I watch every game all season I kind of want some guys I can enjoy listening to. So I guess I do.

It just seems trivial to argue over an announcer. Must just be me.
[Image: lou.jpg]
For the people that aren't fans of our broadcast team, I assume they don't see many other broadcasts. You'd be surprised how much better Brenly is than at least 75% of the analysts out there. Some of them are very painful to listen to. That's the case for every other analyst in the NL Central at least. Hrabosky, Walk, Schroeder, the Astros douche, Brantley and the other Reds douche are just AWFUL.
@TheBlogfines