Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasper Extended through 2011
<!--quoteo(post=1352:date=Dec 4 2008, 09:13 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 4 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1349:date=Dec 4 2008, 09:11 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 4 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1348:date=Dec 4 2008, 09:10 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 4 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I like Bob only slightly more than Joe Carter. If I have to hear one more retarded anecdote about his playing and/or managing days, I'm going jam a white-hot sewing needle up my pee hole.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Comparing Bob to Joe Carter may be the worst comparison ever.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I wasn't really comparing them.
Farts. Suck them.
Bob gives some of the best analysis I've ever heard, and the chemistry between him and Bob is better than just about any crew around. I love listening to them.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
I love how Bob talks about how he was the manager of the 2001 World Series Champion Arizona Diamondbacks. I wish he would tell more of those stories, we haven't heard nearly enough of them.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=1363:date=Dec 4 2008, 09:35 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 4 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bob gives some of the best analysis I've ever heard, and the chemistry between him and Bob is better than just about any crew around. I love listening to them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is Bob schizophrenic?

Seriously, though...you guys much be watching a different broadcast than me.
I love Brenly. I'd much rather have Stone because he's the best analyst in the game, but Brenly's great. His relationship with Len is terrific and I don't think I'd like Len as much without him. They make each other better. Brenly's gotten much more critical which I like. In his first year he danced around some topics, now he'll flat out say, "Soriano's a great hitter, but not a great all around baseball player" sort of stuff.
@TheBlogfines
Bob must have been the guy fucking Butcher in his clown suit.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=1365:date=Dec 4 2008, 10:01 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 4 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1363:date=Dec 4 2008, 09:35 PM:name=Giff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giff @ Dec 4 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bob gives some of the best analysis I've ever heard, and the chemistry between him and Bob is better than just about any crew around. I love listening to them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is Bob schizophrenic?
I had to reread that 3 times before I got it...oops [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
I love Bob and Len as well. I'm very happy he didn't leave.
<!--quoteo(post=1364:date=Dec 4 2008, 09:39 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Dec 4 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love how Bob talks about how he was the manager of the 2001 World Series Champion Arizona Diamondbacks. I wish he would tell more of those stories, we haven't heard nearly enough of them.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Nope, we sure haven't. More to come in 2009, though. Book it.

I really like Len, though. He's grown on me and he is a true lover of the game. He gets into it just like we do.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
You guys do realize that half the time that Bob talks about his teams or time in the majors it is because Len has asked him about it correct? You guys like Len but hate Bob when Len is the one that has started the stuff you hate more than half the time.
<!--quoteo(post=1834:date=Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM:name=cigar)-->QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys do realize that half the time that Bob talks about his teams or time in the majors it is because Len has asked him about it correct? You guys like Len but hate Bob when Len is the one that has started the stuff you hate more than half the time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The only people here that hate Brenly are the ones that predetermined that they were gonna hate him, just sayin'.
<!--quoteo(post=1847:date=Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1834:date=Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys do realize that half the time that Bob talks about his teams or time in the majors it is because Len has asked him about it correct? You guys like Len but hate Bob when Len is the one that has started the stuff you hate more than half the time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The only people here that hate Brenly are the ones that predetermined that they were gonna hate him, just sayin'.
Nope, I remember him during his first stint here on the radio in the early 90s. He sucked then, and he's only slightly improved now. His analysis is decent, but he just isn't all that interesting aside from that, and not at all funny. If I have to hear that corny "yes, dear"....blah, blah, blah joke that he always repeats for more than another season or two, I may need to listen to the radio broadcasts more often.
<!--quoteo(post=1372:date=Dec 4 2008, 10:42 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Dec 4 2008, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bob must have been the guy fucking Butcher in his clown suit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that and "ghostly boner" were both comic lord worthy. well done.

bob is a square. he comes off as douchey and prickish to me. he's knowlegeable, i'll give him that, but he's not funny and he's used up all of his stories, so we're going on the 5th cycle of hearing them next year. i don't hate him like i used to, but i'd shed no tears if he left. in fact, i'd probably grin shiteatingly.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=1847:date=Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1834:date=Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM:name=cigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cigar @ Dec 6 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys do realize that half the time that Bob talks about his teams or time in the majors it is because Len has asked him about it correct? You guys like Len but hate Bob when Len is the one that has started the stuff you hate more than half the time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats probably it.
Wang.
That's bullshit. I've heard all 5 of his stories about 100 times. I'm sick of Bill, I mean Bob.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher