Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True story...
A friend of mine, who is a die-hard Cubs fan, called me on Saturday and said, "Guess who I just saw at Dick's Sporting Goods shopping for Cubs fleece pants?"

The first person who came to mind was my high school tennis coach -- an African-American man who had a thing for Zubaz pants (remember those?) and was a big-time Cubs fan. He's the first person I could picture wearing fleece Cubs pants.

"Wrong. Try again. Someone famous."

"John Cusack."

"No."

"Am I going to get this eventually?"

"Someone not everyone likes."

"Bob Brenly?"

"You're warmer."

"Len Kasper?"

"Nope."

"Just tell me, dude."

"Jim Hendry."

Of course, the first question I had for him was, "Why the hell was Hendry shopping for Cubs shit? Can't he get whatever Cubs shit he wants for free?"

Anyway, it turns out that he wasn't shopping for himself -- he was shopping for Christmas gifts. My buddy said they chatted for a few minutes and he was really friendly. My buddy asked, "Is Bradley going to be a Cub?" Hendry said, "He'd be a great left-handed bat for us." Obviously he wasn't going to give up any goodies to a random dude at Dick's Sporting Goods...

Something about the image of Jim Hendry shopping for fleece Cubs pants made me laugh...

The End.
I already have a pair of Cubs fleece pants.
I still don't get why Hendry would need to go to Dick's for that. Now if it was Jody shopping for dicks....
A buddy of mine met Hendry a few years ago, and said the same thing, that Hendry was very friendly.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=4880:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:03 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Dec 15 2008, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A buddy of mine met Hendry a few years ago, and said the same thing, that Hendry was very friendly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's because when Hendry looks at people this is what he sees:
[Image: chili-cheese-fries.jpg]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.
I'm not surprised that Hendry is so open. All of the guys I've seen in person having to do with the Cubs have been open to discussion... other than Steve Stone.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=4892:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.
I'm not surprised that Hendry is so open. All of the guys I've seen in person having to do with the Cubs have been open to discussion... other than Steve Stone.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If there's a story about WooWoo and fleece pants, it likely has to do with him pissing in them.
<!--quoteo(post=4895:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:41 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 15 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4892:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.
I'm not surprised that Hendry is so open. All of the guys I've seen in person having to do with the Cubs have been open to discussion... other than Steve Stone.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If there's a story about WooWoo and fleece pants, it likely has to do with him pissing in them.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] or selling them from some rock...
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=4895:date=Dec 15 2008, 02:41 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 15 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4892:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollin.gif[/img]
I can picture it.
<!--quoteo(post=4895:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:41 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 15 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4892:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 15 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=4881:date=Dec 15 2008, 05:09 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ Dec 15 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4880:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:03 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Dec 15 2008, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->A buddy of mine met Hendry a few years ago, and said the same thing, that Hendry was very friendly.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's because when Hendry looks at people this is what he sees:
[Image: chili-cheese-fries.jpg]

If that were true, Hendry wouldn't look friendly. He'd look hungry. And dangerous.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=4892:date=Dec 15 2008, 05:36 PM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 15 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.

Steve Stone was very nice to me when I met him in '94 in the lobby of the San Francisco Hilton. I wish I still had that picture.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=4921:date=Dec 15 2008, 03:51 PM:name=Lance)-->QUOTE (Lance @ Dec 15 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4892:date=Dec 15 2008, 05:36 PM:name=CD2W)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 15 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I would have guessed WooWoo.

Steve Stone was very nice to me when I met him in '94 in the lobby of the San Francisco Hilton. I wish I still had that picture.
Lucky! He brushed me off in the concourse of Dodger Stadium. However, Chip stopped and had me hold his guitar while he signed for me.
You know who was really nice to me when I met him at a Cubs game a couple of years ago? Rod Blagojevich.
<!--quoteo(post=4923:date=Dec 15 2008, 04:01 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 15 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You know who was really nice to me when I met him at a Cubs game a couple of years ago? Rod Blagojevich.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Did he ask for money?