Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Time Best Cubs - Catchers
i base all my lists on players that i've seen. gabby hartnett was a little before my time. plus, he bothers me. he only had a handful of seasons where he even batted 400 times. i have a hard time ranking a player who missed so much time on any list.

1. geo soto
2. jody davis
3. joe girardi
4. rick wilkins
5. damon berryhill

that goes back to 1979, the first year i got into baseball. its really a bad list.
Wang.
I might be a little biased on this question.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=4797:date=Dec 15 2008, 07:46 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 15 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i base all my lists on players that i've seen. gabby hartnett was a little before my time. plus, he bothers me. he only had a handful of seasons where he even batted 400 times. i have a hard time ranking a player who missed so much time on any list.

1. geo soto
2. jody davis
3. joe girardi
4. rick wilkins
5. damon berryhill

that goes back to 1979, the first year i got into baseball. its really a bad list.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Excellent post...I like the fact that you're basing your opinion on the players you've actually seen.

<!--quoteo(post=4809:date=Dec 15 2008, 08:53 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 15 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4797:date=Dec 15 2008, 07:46 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 15 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i base all my lists on players that i've seen. gabby hartnett was a little before my time. plus, he bothers me. he only had a handful of seasons where he even batted 400 times. i have a hard time ranking a player who missed so much time on any list.

1. geo soto
2. jody davis
3. joe girardi
4. rick wilkins
5. damon berryhill

that goes back to 1979, the first year i got into baseball. its really a bad list.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Excellent post...I like the fact that you're basing your opinion on the players you've actually seen.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wow, i thought for sure i was gonna be told to go fuck myself.
Wang.
How about Scott Servais? I loved him and Rik Wilkins when I was little. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=4817:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:43 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 15 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4809:date=Dec 15 2008, 08:53 AM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 15 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4797:date=Dec 15 2008, 07:46 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 15 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i base all my lists on players that i've seen. gabby hartnett was a little before my time. plus, he bothers me. he only had a handful of seasons where he even batted 400 times. i have a hard time ranking a player who missed so much time on any list.

1. geo soto
2. jody davis
3. joe girardi
4. rick wilkins
5. damon berryhill

wow, i thought for sure i was gonna be told to go fuck myself.

You can...and should.
I find it very hard as well to judge guys that played before my time. I understand Gabby and Randy were great catchers, but for my time..I think we are seeing the best right now...

1. Soto
2. Jody Davis
3. Girardi
4. Barry Foote..I just remember walking home from school and walking in the door just in time to see him hit a GW grand slam.
5. Tyler Houston..had to add him to the list cause my grandpa really liked him and he was catching when he passed away.
<!--quoteo(post=4870:date=Dec 15 2008, 01:31 PM:name=Tailgater)-->QUOTE (Tailgater @ Dec 15 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I find it very hard as well to judge guys that played before my time. I understand Gabby and Randy were great catchers, but for my time..I think we are seeing the best right now...

1. Soto
2. Jody Davis
3. Girardi
4. Barry Foote..I just remember walking home from school and walking in the door just in time to see him hit a GW grand slam.
5. Tyler Houston..had to add him to the list cause my grandpa really liked him and he was catching when he passed away.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I used to looooove Tyler Houston. He was so versatile too.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I pretty much started out watching Jody as a little girl and, despite being my first Cubs crush [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] , he was a great player.

I love having Soto and can't believe all he did last year. I look forward to watching him continue to grow over the next few years.
[Image: HappyKitty.gif]
George Mitterwald was pretty good.

Our biggest Catcher Bust was Todd Hundley
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
Steve Lake.
Hector Villanueva
<!--quoteo(post=5001:date=Dec 15 2008, 11:21 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 15 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hector Villanueva sucked<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed
<!--quoteo(post=5038:date=Dec 16 2008, 07:46 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 16 2008, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=5001:date=Dec 15 2008, 11:21 PM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Dec 15 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Hector Villanueva sucked<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed

I just liked hearing Harry trying to pronounce his name.